Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Heavy Rain - Injured children? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30544-heavy-rain-injured-children.html)

MartyNg 02-25-2012 05:15 AM

Heavy Rain - Injured children?

My wife and I trying to decide on our next adventure game. She is very sensitive to children getting hurt/killed in games. Without any spoilers, does anything like this happen during Heavy Rain?

Lucien21 02-25-2012 05:33 AM

I would suggest she doesn't watch you play it.

zobraks 02-25-2012 06:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 3260
Heck, I never played a game with children hurt/(let alone) killed in it. If it weren't for this thread, I'd never think such 'games' exist.

P.S. I forgot Edna & Harvey, but that's an exception (I guess).

Interplay 02-25-2012 07:23 AM

All spoilers aside, I would agree that this is definitely not the game for your wife.

aries323 02-25-2012 08:50 AM

Then she shouldn't probably watch or play the Mass Effect 3 game....

In Fallout (the orginal), you can kill children. However, it comes with a price, noone, except the most base scum will talk to you....as it should be, imo.

Also, in Icewind Dale (the first), there's an option for a anevil party to -ehm- let children be killed in the game, for course...

I would also strongly caution to her not play or look at any of the Act of Murder games....

Gabe 02-25-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyNg (Post 601678)
My wife and I trying to decide on our next adventure game. She is very sensitive to children getting hurt/killed in games. Without any spoilers, does anything like this happen during Heavy Rain?

Relax,no one intentionally killing childs in HR and whatnot actually you feeding and helping baby gas out:D

Schneckchen ^.^ 02-25-2012 11:15 AM

Yes kid(s) die in Heavy Rain but it's not graphic. However you should never let women make you miss out on great gaming. If she is too sensitive, at least play it on your own because it's a good game.

Oh and by the way the point of Heavy Rain is to evoke some emotions so even if that stuff is gonna make her cry, that's the whole point of it. :)

fov 02-25-2012 11:37 AM

Those who are saying it's not a big deal are glossing over the game's entire premise, which deals with exactly what you said she doesn't like. Absolutely not a good game for you guys to play together.

Gabe 02-26-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov (Post 601706)
Those who are saying it's not a big deal are glossing over the game's entire premise, which deals with exactly what you said she doesn't like. Absolutely not a good game for you guys to play together.

You have a point there but first chapter till end of mall trip every wife and husband play together.

Schneckchen ^.^ 02-26-2012 01:25 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP30WYgYiUI

Manhunter71 02-26-2012 03:06 AM

The whole premise of the game is built around missing/kidnapped children. If that sort of thing offends your wife (even in a fictitious video game setting), then I would suggest she doesn't play it.

If you're ok with this, then play it alone - its not graphic by any means, but in the background there's always the knowledge that you need to find your son before he dies

Oscar 02-26-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ (Post 601705)
However you should never let women make you miss out on great gaming. If she is too sensitive, at least play it on your own because it's a good game.

Hell yeah! Who needs women anyway, we can just marry our computers :D

Manhunter71 02-26-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 601799)

Oh yeah! I totally agree. I'm pretty lucky because my wife is happy to watch some crappy infotainment show or MTV whist I sit at my computer playing games :)

Fantasysci5 02-26-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ (Post 601760)

I don't think that had anything to do with the poster's questions, but it was hilarious.

Quote:

I'm a woman, and I wish I could marry mine. My fiance is always wanting me to get off my computer and stop gaming.

Monolith 02-26-2012 09:59 AM

I'll take a woman over computer/gaming.

(Surprisingly, I was able to go without gaming for months when I was clubbing it up or hanging with friends all the time.)

Schneckchen ^.^ 02-26-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 601854)

(Surprisingly, I was able to go without gaming for months when I was clubbing it up or hanging with friends all the time.)

Don't break your head over it. Not everyone can be a true gamer.

Monolith 02-26-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ (Post 601870)

I wish I was a true gamer.....what is a true gamer?

Manhunter71 02-27-2012 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 601874)

A true gamer eh?

You must eat, drink, sleep, breathe games - unfortunately, most of us can't afford or don't have the time to do this. Ahhh, the good old days, when all we had to concern ourselves with was how to solve the next puzzle or clear the next checkpoint.

Its all so complicated when you get married and you have responsibilities:frown:

UPtimist 02-27-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyNg (Post 601678)

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manhunter71 (Post 601810)
Oh yeah! I totally agree. I'm pretty lucky because my wife is happy to watch some crappy infotainment show or MTV whist I sit at my computer playing games :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 601844)
I'm a woman, and I wish I could marry mine. My fiance is always wanting me to get off my computer and stop gaming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 601854)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ (Post 601870)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 601874)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manhunter71 (Post 601922)
A true gamer eh?

You must eat, drink, sleep, breathe games - unfortunately, most of us can't afford or don't have the time to do this. Ahhh, the good old days, when all we had to concern ourselves with was how to solve the next puzzle or clear the next checkpoint.

Its all so complicated when you get married and you have responsibilities:frown:

I'm sure the question is now sufficiently answered :P