You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
JBS
digital adventurer

Default 2011 Aggie Awards

Hi everyone,
First I like to thank all participants made this feature possible ,then I'd like to buy two of the award winning titles this month.I prefer best story and bestgraphic design category winners,but reader's choice and awards differs there,in general adventure gaming terms which one i choose would be better,
Gemini Rue or Gray Matter then A New Beginning or The Book of Unwritten Tales?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Filmfreak

Gemini Rue & The Book of Unwritten Tales, if you ask me.

But it all depends on your preferences. Gemini Rue has old school graphics (think mid-90s pixels), but a great story. Gray Matter has good graphics (apart from some character movements) and a good (but not great) story. Gray Matter might appeal more to Jane Jensen (and thus Gabriel Knight) fans.

Book of Unwritten Tales is light fantasy that's very entertaining whereas A New Beginning is more serious and tries to be more political.

What would you prefer yourself?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
JBS
digital adventurer

That's really tough decision game with greatest story have poorest graphics same time right and I'm ok with fantasy worlds but political issues quite unheard of in games, quite interesting..
Old 02-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

I've only played two of those (Gemini Rue and Gray Matter), but all four seem to be solid choices and I'd personally go with whichever you can find the best deals on.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
Advie.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS View Post
Hi everyone,
Gemini Rue or Gray Matter then A New Beginning or The Book of Unwritten Tales?
It might sound very odd but i would take them in exact order that you have mentioned

but as also TimovieMan has added little details, i would put A New Beginning ,Gemini Rue on a hand , and Gray Matter,The Book of Unwritten Tales on the other. and that dividing would be due a commercial wise only.

and at the end if its about spending money in the right place i'd say, Gary Matter , it got (ALMOST) bits and pieces of this & that.

its really hard to give advises for those four, as i had some different degrees of fun with each ..