Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   "The Walking Dead" from Telltale (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30494-walking-dead-telltale.html)

TiAgUh 02-16-2012 06:11 AM

"The Walking Dead" from Telltale

1 Attachment(s)
Thought you guys might like to know/talk about this.

Here's some pics:
Attachment 3221

A bit of info:
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218728p1.html
Quote:

Allow Telltale to preach...

Telling the story of a new group of survivors as they struggle to flee the horror of Atlanta and the surrounding communities consumed by the undead, The Walking Dead offers players the chance to experience the very first days of the apocalypse, meeting people and participating in events that intersect with the story seen in the comic books.

And that's it.
I've lost all interest the minute I saw it was from Telltale. What's your two cents?

pizzo 02-16-2012 06:53 AM

I don't know how a game about zumbies could possibly be an adventure game... Well, if it is something like Jurassic Park I think I'll pass this one.

jannar85 02-16-2012 10:59 AM

Well, I'm going to buy it if it has puzzles. Real puzzles!
If it's like Jurassic Park, then meh. I know TTG can do better than that.

CoyoteAG 02-16-2012 12:09 PM

I don't mind games like Jurassic Park but they just did the controls for Jurassic Park so poorly that I don't trust them so much anymore. I think I would have liked Jurassic Park if the sequences weren't so impossible to do. I'd probably play the Walking Dead if they improve upon that.

inm8#2 02-16-2012 12:34 PM

Is it me or has Telltale jumped the shark?

Then again I didn't think TOMI or BTTF were anything special, from what I played.

Morohtar 02-16-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzo (Post 600783)
I don't know how a game about zumbies could possibly be an adventure game...

Metal Dead did it pretty damn well!

I'm usually unimpressed with Telltale, but I love zombies so I'm sure I'll grab it anyway.

Henke 02-16-2012 04:21 PM

I'm definitely looking forward to playing it.

Oscar 02-16-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inm8#2 (Post 600813)
Is it me or has Telltale jumped the shark?

Then again I didn't think TOMI or BTTF were anything special, from what I played.

Not only jumped the shark, but jumping onto mainstream trends in desperation to bump up their audience. Their best were Wallace & Gromit and Sam & Max, probably the first 2 seasons. Now it's zombie games, Heavy Rain-style 'interactive fiction' and anaemic retreads of popular movies.

WitchOfDoubt 02-16-2012 08:45 PM

I liked the Back to the Future games - they had a great plot arc and some fantastic set-piece puzzles. But this is a pretty severe departure in tone from everything else they've done, so I'm not sure if they can pull it off.

Monolith 02-16-2012 09:37 PM

I REALLY don't mind if it ended up like Jurassic Park. JP was very enjoyable. Though I HIGHLY doubt they would go that route since this is aimed toward a different audience that craved first person shooters. Sure it won't be an FPS but it won't be so linear as JP, especially with the jump in gore use.

Jubilee 02-16-2012 11:27 PM

One of my most anticipated games for the year. I'm a huge fan of the comic and tv series. and I love Telltale!

Schneckchen ^.^ 02-17-2012 12:13 AM

I didn't like the TV show because, for a show about zombies, it tried too hard to be dramatic. Hopefully the game won't make the same mistake.

Pyke 02-17-2012 02:55 AM

The show and the comic isn't about zombies...its about the end of the world. Honestly, you could have put in Aliens, a virus, evil plants, and the main core of the series wouldn't change.

Its about family, relationships, and survival.

TiAgUh 02-17-2012 03:21 AM

It's a soap opera-ish RE, basically. Not only will you get the long lost daughter, but you'll also get her munching a few necks.

Monolith 02-17-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ (Post 600863)
I didn't like the TV show because, for a show about zombies, it tried too hard to be dramatic. Hopefully the game won't make the same mistake.

Wow, you just named the one thing that made the Walking Dead, the Walking Dead. All credibility is lost in your post.

Its not about the fantasy of the Zombie Apocalypse. Its about the people struggling to survive. Too dramatic? PLEASE.

(Note: A lot of the zombie "films" actually are pretty dramatic. Just not games.)

inm8#2 02-17-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 600851)
Not only jumped the shark, but jumping onto mainstream trends in desperation to bump up their audience. Their best were Wallace & Gromit and Sam & Max, probably the first 2 seasons. Now it's zombie games, Heavy Rain-style 'interactive fiction' and anaemic retreads of popular movies.

Which is why I'm skeptical of what they're doing with King's Quest.

Jubilee 02-17-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 600901)
Wow, you just named the one thing that made the Walking Dead, the Walking Dead. All credibility is lost in your post.

Its not about the fantasy of the Zombie Apocalypse. Its about the people struggling to survive. Too dramatic? PLEASE.

(Note: A lot of the zombie "films" actually are pretty dramatic. Just not games.)

That's exactly why it breaks all zombie conventions because this one adds character building and relationships into the mix instead of simply killing off people you don't care about.

TiAgUh 02-17-2012 02:46 PM

You guys are just forcibly misinterpreting what Schneckchen said. He is totally right, the TV show tries way too hard to be dramatic, often becoming so unnatural it's off-putting. It being overly focused on pathos and not screwdrivers-in-the-eye moments can get in the way of actual fun.

I still like it for those few moments of brilliance (and Daryl) and for what it can be (and Daryl), but you're all treating it like it's the second coming... or Daryl.

Monolith 02-17-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiAgUh (Post 600929)
You guys are just forcibly misinterpreting what Schneckchen said. He is totally right, the TV show tries way too hard to be dramatic, often becoming so unnatural it's off-putting. It being overly focused on pathos and not screwdrivers-in-the-eye moments can get in the way of actual fun.

I still like it for those few moments of brilliance (and Daryl) and for what it can be (and Daryl), but you're all treating it like it's the second coming... or Daryl.

I guess, but the so called 'overly dramatic'ness actually was why I still watch the show. It is different and the drama creates that connection between viewer and fictional characters.

Though I did hate the fact that a WHOLE season was focused around
Spoiler:
finding that one girl

TiAgUh 02-19-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 600936)
Though I did hate the fact that a WHOLE season was focused around
Spoiler:
finding that one girl

I must be the only one that didn't actually mind that :P cause it was great character development for the hopefull leader and the already angry mofo, and some around them. Not only that, it was also a good pretext for a full episode of Daryl flexing his coolness factor.