You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Which adventure games have you replayed the most times?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #21
Codger

The game I replayed the most was Shivers. Must have replayed it at least seven times. Mostly because I enjoyed it. But also because there were multiple ways of playing it, e.g., high score, low score, etc.. Plus the fact that I and a few others were involved in what would now be called a "viral marketing campaign" on the old CompuServe GAMERS forum didn't hurt either.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #22
Protégée of Dr. O. Myklos

Laura Bow II! I used to replay that one just for the music (I'd even bounce around my apartment to it.. hehe.. that was back in my college days when I used to multi-task between adventure games, IRC chatting, and schoolwork into the wee hours of the morning *sigh*). The crazy dialogue didn't diminish in appeal with repeated reads/listens, either! (I found a few easter eggs along the way, too, which made it all the more fun. )

Also KQ 2-6, mostly five and six.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #23

Myst.
Especially if you count all the versions on different platforms.

Shivers 1 would be my second most replayed.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #24
ben

Not sure actually, but I seldom replay anything. So the adventure games I've replayed are few and I believe the ones I've played three times each is Monkey Island 3 and Hand Fate. HoF is not a fantastic adventure game, but I just love its atmosphere.

However I've watched a few longplays on youtube of some games that I have fond memories of. I watched through Grim Fandango, The Dig and Full Throttle.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #25
Schattenjäger

Same as zobrak: Sam & Max Hit the Road.

Dialogue is great and keeps giving. I like the wacky characters.

Day of the Tentacle a close second.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #26

Lost count, but I still replay KQ6 and DOTT on a yearly basis. All the other classics from Sierra and LucasArts I've probably replayed dozens of times as a kid (ESPECIALLY the Monkey Island games).
Old 02-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
Iconoclast

I rarely ever replay games of any genre and if I do, it's usually about 5-10 years after the 1st playthrough.

Played Twice:
Sanitarium
Longest Journey
Broken Sword
Mean Streets
Under a Killing Moon
Pandora Directive
Blade Runner (to multiple endings on each occasion)
Dark Seed
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark
Future Wars
Rise of the Dragon

There might be a couple more, but that's what I can think of off-hand.

The game I've played the most though is Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I don't know how many times but definitely at least 5 times. All but once was in the 80s though. I replayed it the last time probably 8-10 years ago.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #28

I have played Gabriel Knight 1 probably at least 50 times. I keep replaying that one because sometimes I get an extra point from the highest score, but I don't know what causes the extra point, so I keep trying to figure it out. I have played GK2 at least 10 times. Gk3 I have played around 5 times.

I have played Simon the Sorcerer 1 at least 30 times. I have played Simon the Sorcerer 2 at least 15 times. I have played Day of the Tentacle probably around 40 to 50 times. Broken Sword games, 1 and 2, I have played probably 10-15 times each. Lost Horizon I played around 5 times. Book of Unwritten Tales I played at least 5 times.

Edna and Harvey I have played 4 or 5 times. Torins Passage I have played around 15-20 times The Monkey Island games I have played probably 20 times for each one. Lands of Lore 1, probably around 20 times.

My games are like old friends to me and I like to visit them often. even though I know all the the puzzles, it is just fun for me to do it again. I am sure there are several more that I have played over and over, but these are the ones that I can think of right now.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #29
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbday630 View Post
I have played Gabriel Knight 1 probably at least 50 times. I keep replaying that one because sometimes I get an extra point from the highest score, but I don't know what causes the extra point, so I keep trying to figure it out. I have played GK2 at least 10 times. Gk3 I have played around 5 times.

I have played Simon the Sorcerer 1 at least 30 times. I have played Simon the Sorcerer 2 at least 15 times. I have played Day of the Tentacle probably around 40 to 50 times. Broken Sword games, 1 and 2, I have played probably 10-15 times each. Lost Horizon I played around 5 times. Book of Unwritten Tales I played at least 5 times.

Edna and Harvey I have played 4 or 5 times. Torins Passage I have played around 15-20 times The Monkey Island games I have played probably 20 times for each one. Lands of Lore 1, probably around 20 times.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #30
all loved up

I've probably replayed the first 3 Monkey Island games the most, but even then, I think I've only played each through about 2-3 times.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #31
Schattenjäger

Iv played through gabriel knight: SotF about 8 or 9 times. Iv played it so much that iv played drinking games with it (1 drink per 1 point ) My record is somewhere around 200 points in a night.
EDIT: also, i tried playing the same game with a tex murphy game once. And quickly realized it was a terrible terrible idea.

Last edited by zane; 02-14-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:30 AM   #32
Knights Templar

I have probably replayed Broken Sword about 6 times.

Follwed by more than twice for the first 3 Monkey Islands, and Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2
Old 02-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #33
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

For me, best replayability value has to be the Gabriel Knight series - all of them. The level of historical detail and fact put into these games is just amazing.
Also, The Longest Journey - possibly one of the greatest games of all time.

Others worth mentioning - Black Dahlia, but very hard to get working properly on modern pcs.
And of course the first few Monkey Island games

Ohh man! How could I forget Broken Sword 1 and 2?? They nearly rate with the GK games for me
Old 03-03-2012, 06:32 AM   #34
The Quiet One

I've replayed the first two Broken Sword and Simon the Sorcerer games the most that I've lost count. It's gotta be over 15-20 times surely!

Trouble is, I've never bothered to count the amount of times I replay a game. I just play it.

Other games I've replayed the most would be Gabriel Knight 1-3, Monkey Island 1-3, and The Longest Journey. I think they're the only ones...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour