You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Can't Find This Old Game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #1

Default Can't Find This Old Game

Could anyone help me find an old game?

I cannot remember the name, but it's an old adventure/puzzle game made by Sierra based in Egypt. Specifically, you're exploring a pyramid. It starts out with an adventurer trying to get into the pyramid but the entrance is guarded by a vulture. You get rid of it by throwing it a hamburger(?). My memory is fuzzy, but it's bugging me that I can't find it. It was a great game.

Other parts I recall are raiding a skeleton (before you get into the pyramid) where you get matches, translating hieroglyphs, and naming Egyptian gods on a mural (don't get them mixed up because it makes them angry and I think your light goes out- and you die in blackness).

I know this is vague, but I'm hoping that with you're amazing old game experiences, someone will know what I'm talking about

Thank you!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #2

You're talking about Secrets of the Pyramids! One part was an adventure game (a very short one!), another was an interactive multimedia CD-ROM that I guess was meant to be edutainment for children. It's not very good, and quite buggy! Anyway, have fun reliving your memories!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #3

Interesting, this thread reminded me of a game that I played back in the day (it might have just been a demo) where you're this kid and it seems like you're wearing a backpack and you're in a museum it seems. Hmmm ... the memory is so vague.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey
Old 02-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #4

Default Thank you!

Thank you so much! That was driving me crazy.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
Codger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco2.5 View Post
Interesting, this thread reminded me of a game that I played back in the day (it might have just been a demo) where you're this kid and it seems like you're wearing a backpack and you're in a museum it seems. Hmmm ... the memory is so vague.
Shivers.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
I changed my title

@Draco2.5 - Maybe Master of Dimensions?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/master-of-dimensions/screenshots
Old 02-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
... reminded me of a game... you're this kid and it seems like you're wearing a backpack and you're in a museum it seems.
Museum Madness?
Old 02-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #8

My gosh, I remember playing a demo of this game when I was ten years old, and it really left an impression on me.

The demo begins inside a pyramid with a couple of doorways nearby. Going through one doorway takes you to a room where you have to reassemble a broken statue. When you start assembling the statue, the creepy music playing in the background suddenly stops, so you're putting this thing together in complete silence. Then when you finish putting it together, there's this huge booming/crashing sound, the screen flashes like lightning struck nearby, then some text pops up announcing that the demo is over.

If you go through the other door, however, you fall into a dark cave where several huge bats attack your character, who screams in agony for a few seconds before they fly off, leaving his bloody corpse behind.

Hey, I never said it left a positive impression...

Last edited by Akril; 02-13-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #9
Ace Attorney

Send a message via AIM to shezcrafti

Quote:
Panic on Sega CD?

Do you want Jane Jensen to make more amazing adventure games like Gabriel Knight and Gray Matter? Then PLEASE support her new studio Pinkerton Road on KickStarter!