You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Double Fine looking for help funding new adventure game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #201
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
From less than $1,000 an hour to $17,000 the past hour, and $22,000 the hour before that. You have a gift for understatement.
Yes, but mostly people who are upping their pledge, not so much fresh blood.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #202
fov
Rattenmonster

Oh jeez, a *big* box? I was insisting to myself that I could make do with the download version. I'm a Sierra fan, after all. But he got me... he got me.

(Wonder if you can specify your t-shirt size? Girl shirts...?)
Old 03-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #203
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
(Wonder if you can specify your t-shirt size? Girl shirts...?)
Yes. Of course you can.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #204
The Quiet One

I'm tempted to pledge $100 for the box, but, I don't know... I don't have that kinda money spare, and I know nothing about the game - other than what it's going to be - to justify paying that amount.

EDIT: Oh balls to it - I've pledged $100!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 03-10-2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:52 AM   #205
Senior *female* member

Three million. Wow! $3,000,000. And the ride isn't over yet.

I have been reading the comments at the kickstarter page and it scares me a little that some people get carried away by what can only be called a hype. They are upping their pledge with money they say they should be using for other stuff. Like school! All that for a game that may not come up to their expectations...

Oh well, the whole thing is a lot of fun. Double Fine has rewarded us with funny updates. Thank you, Tim Schafer and team, for using the Dutch national anthem in your latest one.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #206
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Thank you, Tim Schafer and team, for using the Dutch national anthem in your latest one.
Don't rush your thanks - check what they said about Dutch people (watch the video from 1:14 on).

Name:  Even_Dutch_can_handle_it.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  16.9 KB
Old 03-13-2012, 04:39 AM   #207
Senior *female* member

Yeah, and the part about the wooden shoes was a little too American and predictable, to be honest. Boring. When you're Dutch, that is. But they spelled the Dutch word Nederlander correct.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:03 AM   #208

Yeah and the part about the "stoned kid" is still barely a representation of Holland these days, what with our current "conservative/right-wing" political climate.
I could, in all honesty, no longer apply the word "liberal" to the country anymore.
Although we still have a decent set of liberal rights such as on abortion and soft-drugs, they may very well become more restrictive in the near future.

Ah well, we still got (some) windmills and wooden shoes ;-)
Old 03-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #209
Senior Passer-by

I love Dutch so much (hey, it rhymes!) - thanks to Fien and Luna - that I didn't even notice the "stoned kid in wooden shoes" joke.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #210
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbi View Post
Ah well, we still got (some) windmills and wooden shoes ;-)
Not to mention the eternal tulips and cheeeeeeese.
I agree about the political climate. It's getting worse.

@zobraks.

Last edited by Fien; 03-13-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #211

yet to donate
will tune into ustream and prob donate more than i should.

i want the box. so bad. butt $100......
Old 03-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #212

Any guesses of what the documentary extras for the $30 donation will be? I can't decide between that or 15 bucks. With all the indie bundles, plus the cognition kickstarter, my gaming budget is quite thin. Plus I'm saving up for many fantastic titles this year.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 03-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #213

From the 1st day of the pledge I wanted to pledge for the 30 one but always delayed it.. Time passed and today I was informed about today's start of Wasteland 2 and immediately remembered about it and... 2 HOURS TO GO when I saw it..

Finally pledged for the 60 $ since I wanted the doc and the pdf And I'm not like full of money Now being logged on to their livestream hehe..

Anyway, this day is great.. I'll also pledge for Wasteland 2 but there only for the 15 $ probably..

Cheers
Old 03-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #214
Game Creator Hobbyist

I'm watching the live stream of the DF party. To those complaining about lack of chemistry between Ron and Tim, it was certainly there when Ron briefly joined the party. I'd just say that Ron doesn't seem to be much of an in-front-of-the-camera-person.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #215
Senior *female* member

I am watching the live stream too. As are 30,000+ people. It's not as interesting or fun as I thought it would be, or maybe I'm too old for this kind of thing.

I was the one complaining about the lack of chemistry in that video. I also said that I was sure Gilbert and Schafer had a relaxed relationship, remember? I did see Ron Gilbert just now, who was "in his cave" as Schafer put it. He put in an obligatory appearance, that's all. Five or ten minutes. So he doesn't enjoy parties...
Old 03-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #216
fov
Rattenmonster

Maybe he doesn't like parties (or maybe he has too much work to do on his *own* game to goof around during business hours!), but no one can say Ron's not a good sport. I mean, he put a shoe on his head...
Old 03-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #217
Senior *female* member

Oh come on! Business hours?!? He's a hermit, and that's fine with me.

PS: I actually hated it when he put the shoe on his head. Don't go whoring for the fans.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #218
Schattenjäger

more than 8 times the goal raised!!! What a great story this has been. Hopefully its about to get even better in the coming months.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #219
The Quiet One

I didn't watch it all, I only watched from 11pm GMT onwards. They were certainly enjoying themselves... The adverts were annoying and I hate how live streams are jittery as hell...

Ron didn't look particularly impressed at all; he quite clearly isn't much of a party animal.

$3,335,265!!!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 03-13-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #220

and tim just said people outside kickstarter gave them 110.000 dolars, so the total is 3, 445, 265