You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 05:32 AM   #21
Lovable rogue

I'm up to the start of the third chapter, and I keep hoping it'll get better.

There are a few things about it which annoy me so far:
  • Having to have subtitles on.
  • Having to click after each piece of dialogue, sometimes twice if the subtitles go onto a second page.
  • The delay before you start a conversation, because you have to watch the tiny 3D Morgane wave her arms about.
On the puzzle front, doing chores at the beginning is a rather dull introduction to a game, and I encountered a dialogue puzzle which only seemed solvable by chance; I went through so many combinations before I finally landed on the one which persuaded the character to do my bidding. I actually wasted a lot of time wandering off and trying other things, because I became incredulous at the thought that anyone would actually design a puzzle like that - and I use the term "puzzle" loosely.

I'm going to soldier on, but I can't help feeling that I'd probably have more fun spending time with a bottle of Captain Morgan, than on the computer with Captain Morgane.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 05-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Imagine that! I played So Blonde on the DS and it was one of the most boring games I've ever played. If this one is anything like that game I think I'll pass, or at least play it on the Wii or PC.
I have many (mostly from Europe) PC to DS conversions. Almost always they are so similar to the PC version you can use a PC walkthrough to complete them.

So - if "So Blonde" was not so hot on the DS, it is probably going to strike you as not so hot on the PC as well.

I played the PC version of "So Blonde" - it was OK. It was not the best adventure game nor the worst.

I am playing "999" on the DS right now and it is anything but boring. I also just played "Dreamfall" on the PC and it was anything but boring too.

Captain Mogane and the Golden Turtle honestly looks to be about the same game in term of quality to "So Blonde". So - if you like "So Blonde" you should like this game. However, if you didn't like "So Blonde" then you probably won't like this one.

Last edited by Mikekelly; 05-03-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-14-2012, 06:29 AM   #23

This game is currently selling in the 20 to 30 Euros range ($25 to $40 USD),
depending on country and retailer, but I was fortunate enough
to snatch up a new & sealed retail copy of the game for the price
of 3.5 Euros ($4.5 USD).
How is this possible?
Because someone in Germany was selling the French version of the game
on Ebay.de, probably without realizing that the market for games
in French in Germany is severely limited, so nobody else bid on the auction
and I got the game for a steal.
I am in the fortunate situation that I speak five languages fluently,
including French, so it matters not that the game is not in English.

Lesson to learn: always check foreign Ebay sites for good deals.
Also, if you can get the game cheaper in another language
that you are maybe not fluent in, go for it and use the opportunity
to improve.

Last edited by John Smith; 05-14-2012 at 06:44 AM.