Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   "Yesterday" is connected with "Runaway 3: Twist of Fate" (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30414-yesterday-connected-runaway-3-twist-fate.html)

lewuz 01-30-2012 10:29 AM

"Yesterday" is connected with "Runaway 3: Twist of Fate"

So, Pendulo's upcoming "Yesterday" is "Runaway 3: Twist of Fate" spinoff? At least it shares some features.
Look this picture, compare the left most guy with this and this, and don't tell me it is not Dr. Bennett from Runaway 3.
Additionally, the room look identical with dr Bennett's office from R3.

I rest my case.

pointandcliklover 01-31-2012 11:10 AM

I see what you mean

jhetfield21 01-31-2012 07:49 PM

Well maybe it is connected in that dr.bennett had a case which was directly connected with the plot of Yesterday,killings of homeless people,there's bound to be a couple psychos in the story:P.By spin off i take it you mean that it takes place in the same time/period as R3...right?

lewuz 02-01-2012 02:26 AM

I use the word spinoff in sense that character and location returns outside main series. Those may not be central for the whole story though, so maybe "Yesterday takes place in Runaway universe" would be more accurate expression.
Speaking of timeline - Yesterday might take place at the same time as R3 (The Next Big Thing did). but considering R3 story, I suspect that before.

jhetfield21 02-01-2012 04:00 AM

nice catch....i never noticed....although the universe of Next Big Thing is supposed to be scifi and not as plain as Runaway universe.
and yeah i also suspect yesterday is before R3.

Monolith 02-01-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhetfield21 (Post 599389)
nice catch....i never noticed....although the universe of Next Big Thing is supposed to be scifi and not as plain as Runaway universe.
and yeah i also suspect yesterday is before R3.

I never realized Next Big Thing was anything SciFi, especially being a sequel to Hollywood Monsters.

jhetfield21 02-01-2012 01:14 PM

sorry poor choice of words....i meant a different kind of setting with monsters and the like.the runaway universe is a little more plain than that.yeah it has a hint of supernatural but it doesn't go as far as having monsters and aliens living along humans.that's what i meant....really wrong choice of word.

PS:after a long day studying for exams my brain was like a gooey substance...not really functioning.

Monolith 02-01-2012 01:50 PM

hahaha brain frying makes a lot of sense. A lot like the sleep deprivation I experienced at the Global Game Jam last weekend. :P

jhetfield21 02-01-2012 03:18 PM

not quite the same.....yours was caused from doing something fun.....mine was from studying for finals.you wanna trade maybe?
:P

Stuart 02-01-2012 07:18 PM

Interesting, definitely the same character and office. The vent is there too, wonder if the main character gets to crawl through it like Brian did. :)

Monolith 02-01-2012 09:55 PM

No, I'd prefer making games. :P Those aren't GE classes are they? :P

pointandcliklover 02-10-2012 01:40 PM

maybe yesterday happpened the day before seeing brian?

rottford 03-24-2012 09:31 AM

So, has anyone found a connection after playing "Yesterday"?

Saulzmon 03-24-2012 09:18 PM

Brian Basco makes a appearance in the hidden ending. The hidden ending is definitely not to be taken as canon though. Nothing in Yesterday makes the two series impossible to coexist in the same world though.

rottford 03-24-2012 09:30 PM

But what about the scene in the paychiatrist's office? Is that part of the hidden ending? Or part of the game? And if it's part of the game, is it the same office as the one in "Twist of Fate"?