You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Help identifying indie adventure game?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #1

Default Help identifying indie adventure game?

Hey guys,

I played a game a few years back but cannot seem to recall its name or re-discover it.

I've described the game to the best of my recollection at gaming.stackexchange.com in this question, but no one has been able to figure it out. So I thought I'd reach out here.

Might any of you know the game?

For convenience's sake, I'll re-post the details below.

Quote:
I played a very entertaining adventure game a few years ago and want to see what the developers are up to, but I recall neither the name of the developers nor the game.

Here's what I can remember.
  • It is a point-and-click adventure game, a la Lucas Arts.
  • The animation was 2D and cartoony with high production value.
  • Playtime was probably 3 or 4 hours.
  • The developers were indie and may have been German.
  • The title of the game is two words, the first of which I think is "Double." Not sure about this point. I also feel like something in the title has to do with a gun.
  • Most of the game was light-hearted and comical, but there were a few dark streaks and serious elements.
  • Plot: You play a retired-cop-turned-private-detective and investigate the murder of a wealthy socialite's soon-to-be son-in-law. The adventure starts at the woman's home, from which you head to the police station, and from there you head all around the US, even leaving the country a few times. Other venues include a motel and a strip joint. The final scenes of the game are played at a ski lift.

Any ideas?
Any help is appreciated!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Dirty Split?

http://dirtysplit.dreamagination.org/
Old 01-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #3

Wow, that's the one! Thank you!

If you have a gaming.stackexchange account, please go ahead an answer and I'll happily award you the bounty.