You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure How many games of the Top 100's, Played?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2012, 05:28 AM   #21
Easily amused

I played 41. I started 5 and didn't like them so never finished (including Grim Fandango). I intend to try the Portal games, but none of the other 52 games interests me.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #22
cookie monster

Finished only 8. Plus 2 I didn't complete. But I'm rather new in adv genre and many TOP100 titles are in my "to do" list.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #23

I've played 60 and finished 40 ... not bad-- and most of the ones that I haven't played I probably never will-- Riven for example.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey
Old 01-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #24
The Quiet One

Out of all those, I've played and completed 37. And there are at least 17 on that list that I want to play (the most).

I've played/completed all but one (though that will change very soon ) out of the top ten, and I've played/completed all the top 5.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 01-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #25
Dreamfall Soon!

I've played 54 of the Top 100. Not terrible, I guess. There are only a few on the remaining list that I even want to play though.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #26

I've finished 15 and there are 5 I started but haven't completed. Definitely have a lot to catch up on with many on my 'to play' list.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #27
Codger

"And you call yourself an Adventure Gamer!!???"

At least that's the comment I expect to hear, and you may be right.

I've only played and finished 23. There are more than a few I started, but didn't finish. The reasons are as diverse as "I didn't like it" to "I got sidetracked, and never got back to it."

I know I played some infocon games, but I can't remember the exact titles, so I really can't count them. I've also played many, that were in the series, but not the specific game mentioned. E.g., I played KQ1, but that doesn't count.

There are a lot of games that might have been on my "To Play" list which I never got around to when they were available. Now they are unavailable and/or unplayable on current equipment.

And there are games on the list that I never wanted to play. After thoroughly hating TLJ, I was not going to play Dreamfall. There are probably six or seven in that category.

So, the likelihood of ever surpassing 23 is pretty remote.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #28

Hmmm.....I count 46 completed, 4 more started but not finished. Not likely to play Silent Hill or any of Sierra's "Quest" games.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #29

About 40 finished, many more on my to do list.

It's really many of the games scattered in the 100-40 range from smaller developers I haven't played. I've covered nearly all of the main Sierra and LucasArts games plus others. I never even knew about many of these games until using this site in the mid 2000s. Combine that with the newer games coming out and it's hard to keep up.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 01-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #30
Senior Automaton

I really want to play The Space Bar (#98). It looks like just my kind of game plus it's Steve Meretzky. However, I don't know where to find it plus I doubt I'd be able to get it working on a modern machine.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #31

I stand at 51, I started playing adventure games in 1986 on a C128.

Great system, great games. Then it was an Amiga 500, Mac, PC, PS2, and finally a Dsi XL these games I am especialy proud to have played:

#65 – Hotel Dusk: Room 215
#60 – Another Code (aka Trace Memory)
#47 – Professor Layton and the Curious Village
#41 – Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
#39 – Last Window: The Secret of Cape West
#29 – Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Because of this list I did a replay of Trace Memory and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it played. I got into the DS late (2006) due to still playing the PS2 and I got Trace Memory for only $15 dollars.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,1401/p,10

I'm glad to see Silent Hill:Shattered Dreams on the list. This game is one of the very best survival horror games ever released.

Last edited by Mikekelly; 01-06-2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #32
Advie.1

i see we all almost (we are supposed to the die hard adventure players )stand between 40 and 50 until now, i only Kurufinwe with 70 games of the 100 and fien with 73 ..woow!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by colpet View Post
and didn't like them so never finished (including Grim Fandango)me.
Heresy!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #34
Advie.1

colpet you shouldnt mix good game with old controls !
Old 01-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #35
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
I really want to play The Space Bar (#98). It looks like just my kind of game plus it's Steve Meretzky. However, I don't know where to find it plus I doubt I'd be able to get it working on a modern machine.
It's a very funny game with bizar characters. But it has one drawback: the main investigation in the bar is timed. The whole thing is turn-based though, and the so-called "emp-tells", where you enter some alien's memories, are not timed. There are a lot of copies available on ebay and amazon.com, and a few on gametz. I played it on my XP.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #36
Easily amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 View Post
colpet you shouldnt mix good game with old controls !
The controls were horrible, but I really didn't like the game, period.
I'm not into cartoony, inventory and dialogue driven games.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #37
Grue Master

I am with Colpet on this.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #38

I've played and finished 45 of the games on the list. Dang. I hoped to have at least 50%. I plan to play 37 of the remaining ones, but how long it will be is anyone's guess.

There are five that I don't think I'll ever play: Amnesia and Penumbra because I don't think I can handle them. Infocom's adventures because I don't like the ones I've tried. Black Mirror has received far too much bad criticism. And finally Gold Rush just doesn't seem like a fun game, I don't think it has aged well.

I'm actually in the middle of nine of the games on the list and I hope to finish them all some day. And then there's four that I haven't really looked into yet. But since they're in the top 100 I suppose I should get around to it!

Edit: As a last note, I've played 9 of the top 10 ones. Only The Last Express left now. I really should get around to that!