You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2003, 09:07 AM   #41
Liver of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magskvalp
I'm still surprised I seem to be the only one worrying about this new type of copy-protection.
So are we.

A really thick person might have a lot of trouble with this, but that's not the kind of audience this game is seeking. As was said before in this thread, they seem to be aiming at the hardcore Adventure Gamers. So don't worry about it. Don't be fickle with your computers and their harddrives and this won't ever be a problem.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:20 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
Uncomfortable? Well, perhaps you SHOULD download this game. It will help you confront and overcome your social phobias.
Had you ever learned how to read properly you would have noticed that those were the AGON developer's words, not mine.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:33 AM   #43
:P ^^^ at tamz

Send a message via ICQ to twifkak Send a message via AIM to twifkak Send a message via MSN to twifkak Send a message via Yahoo to twifkak

Conceptually, I'm opposed to the sort of "rental" mentality that product activation encourages. However, this is a close-knit development team that talks with its customers (like Cerulean Studios, which also uses a form of product activation), and I highly doubt that they will leave us high and dry like I would expect of a company like Microsoft. I don't know for a fact, but I would expect that, should they go under, they'd release some sort of "permanent activation code" if one exists. If not, I'm sure it's pretty easy to crack.

through a broadband ISP | i am back to steal your bandwidth

--Spammo-head, "Windbag"
Old 07-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #44

I just purchased the game AGON boxed on CD from a local Target store. I opened the box (BRAND NEW, never before opened!), installed it, and was anxious to try it out, but when I clicked on the desktop icon to start the game, I was asked for a "CODE:" in a small "Registration" window.

OK, no problem there. I looked at the box, the jewel case, and through the 8 pages of the jerel case insert, but cannot find ANYTHING resembling a code!!!

Now, I am NOT asking anyone for a pirated code or anything of the sort, but maybe someone could direct me to WHERE to look in my package for such a thing!!!

...Maybe this is the first puzzle of the game??? If so, will someone PLEASE give me the SOLUTION for it!!!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #45
Hopeful skeptic

Whoa, major thread resurrection.

The install code should be printed on a sticker on the back of the manual. If it's not, I suggest you either exchange the game or write to Viva Media, the game's publisher, and see if they'll provide you with a functional code.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #46
Super Moderator

FYI - I also got AGON very recently at Target. My registration code was on a sticker on the back of the jewel case.