You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
Filmfreak

Default Place that music!

An idea for a new quiz thread, hopefully one that's as successful as the quotes, characters and Amazon reviews.

Music is an important aspect of games. The right soundtrack can set the exact mood the developers were aiming for. And that's what this quiz is about...

I'll link to an mp3 with a piece of music, and you have to guess which game it's from. The one that guesses correctly posts the next mp3 (or .wav or whatever other format he/she wishes).

There's plenty of YouTube-to-mp3 converters to be found on the web, so getting an mp3 shouldn't be that difficult (I hope)...
Same goes for free hosting space (even if only temporary).

One to warm-up - free for all.

First real one - the one that guesses this gets to go next.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #2

I would have sent this via PM, but since I am new, I cannot.

I don't know either off the top of my head, but I think the answers lie in the URL of each link. Its easy enough to not cheat because its just for fun, but I just wanted to let you know, in case you didn't see it.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #3

He's right if I open up media player and the song starts playing I can see what it is in the right dialog box

Edit: Actually it's not just the dialog box, it also displays the title below.

Last edited by gray pierce; 01-04-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Senior Passer-by

BTW
Old 01-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutulhu View Post
I don't know either off the top of my head, but I think the answers lie in the URL of each link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post
He's right if I open up media player and the song starts playing I can see what it is in the right dialog boxe
Whatever gave you the idea that that wasn't deliberate?
Old 01-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
Bugger.

Want me to take this there? And/or make a compilation like the ones in that thread?
Old 01-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
Want me to take this there? And/or make a compilation like the ones in that thread?
You can post a single tune there (look how the thread started), you don't need to collect a bunch of music (like Diego & co. ).
Old 01-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
Filmfreak

Alright, I'm taking this over there...

Should've done my homework better...