You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dress to impress Quiz

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #41
handsome

We're celebrating women by marveling at their sassy attires and cleavages? This thread is highschool.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #42

I think 24 is from
Spoiler:
Lula 3D, a parody of Marilyn Monroe
Old 01-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #43
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDalilah View Post
What's wrong with Renoir's women?
They're (too) fat, that's what's wrong with them. Here, I'll show you:

Quote:
I actually think that women with curves are more atractive then the skinny ones , that's why I like painter's like Goya, Jean Dominique Ingres, Botticelli's Venus and many other's.
Name:  wondering.gif
Views: 155
Size:  1.1 KB
I didn't notice Goya, Ingres and Botticelli had a thing for voluminous women (as Rubens and Renoir). On the contrary, at least as far as Botticelli is concerned - his women are thin, airy, almost translucent.

P.S. Botticelli's Venus is not a painter .
Old 01-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #44
handsome

^ Yup, dunno how the Botticelli's skinny lovefreak Venus that managed to tire the god of war himself has anything to do with the Rubens' (uninsteresting) ornamental style.
I guess SweetDalilah is trying to say he's more of a thick women guy; thick women along the lines of Artemisia's plus, you know, junk in the trunk.

Buuut if fat is really your thing, you should check some of Lucian Freud's paintings:
Name:  lucian-freud-evening-in-the-studiokk.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  35.9 KBName:  freud_23663a.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  39.1 KB
Feeling anything SweetDalilah?

This thread is derailing to a seriously weird and dark place, fast.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #45
Super Moderator

I think we need to get this thread back on track. If you want to discuss art, you can start a thread in chit chat.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #46
an angel of romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
We're celebrating women by marveling at their sassy attires and cleavages? This thread is highschool.
For your information, I'm a woman, and I do think that looking at beautiful woman is another way of celebrating them. Anyway I don't see anybody complaining (except for you that is ) And first of all this is only a quiz about dresses, and nothing more
Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
They're (too) fat, that's what's wrong with them.
They are beautiful just the way they are. You don't know the first thing of art, so listen to someone who studies art. Fashion houses have put on a trend that only skinny (almost anorexic) models should be considered beautiful, so the real beauty of healthy, curvaceous girls has been forgoten, and the artworks that have once been considered masterpieces are now beeing laughed at. I wonder where is this world going? Name:  shuffles.gif
Views: 133
Size:  3.8 KB

Anyway back on topic

Haven't you said you didn't need any hints. Why didn't you guess all the remaining pics, then? Name:  rolleyes.gif
Views: 136
Size:  1.0 KB

Full list coming in a few minutes
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Currently playing: Minecraft, Hollywood Monsters

Recently finished: Discworld Noir playthrough
Old 01-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #47
an angel of romance

1.Shadow of Destiny/ Shadow of Memories (kate me)
2.Casanova: The Duel of the Black Rose (Trunkyo)
3.Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None (kittykat10115)
4.Runaway: A Road Adventure (jhetfield21)
5.Egypt II The Heliopolis Prophecy (Fien)
6.A Vampyre Story Year One (SpeedBo)
7.Secrets of Atlantis (Shany/MaFratelli)
8.The Next BIG Thing (diego)
9.Cleopatra A Queen's Destiny (diego)
10.Versailles II - the Testament (kate me)
11.The Legend of Lotus Spring (Trunkyo)
12.Lost Horizon (Manuel Calavera)
13.Egypt III The Fate of Ramses (So There)
14.So Blonde (zobraks)
15.Dracula Origin (gray pierce)
16.Pathologic (zobraks)
17.Goin' Downtown (zobraks)
18.Syberia (inm8#2)
19.The Last Express (Manuel Calavera)
20.Runaway: A Road Adventure (jhetfield21)
21.Secrets of Da Vinci The Forbidden Manuscript (Shany)
22.Dracula: The Last Sanctuary (zobraks)
23.Riven (MaFratelli)
24.Lula 3D (Arial Type)
25.Jack the Ripper 2004 (zobraks)
26.Lost Horizon (kate me)
27.Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis (Trunkyo)
28.Hans Christian Andersen: The Ugly Prince Duckling (Trunkyo)
29.Leather Goddesses of Phobos 2 (So There)
30.Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun (Trunkyo)
31.Monkey Island 2 Special Edition LeChuck's Revenge (diego)
32.So Blonde (zobraks)
33.Casanova: The Duel of the Black Rose (zobraks)
34.Mata Hari (SpeedBo)
35.Culpa Innata (Fien)
36.Nancy Drew 13: Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon (Trunkyo)

Only the bonus pic left

It's a wallpaper of a well known simulation/strategy game
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Old 01-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #48
handsome

Quote:
and I do think that looking at beautiful woman is another way of celebrating them.
So looking at fugly ones is what?
Anyway, I was actually just saying that all this talk about chicks' bodies takes me back since I'm in college now and the praxis formal dresses are a crime -- luckily, the weather is starting to warm up again. But please do continue, I approve the spanking. Just don't tell Fantasysci5
Quote:
You don't know the first thing of art, so listen to someone who studies art.
He'll definitely have a nice laugh with this one.

On Topic:
I would've said Sims3 with those mods but then again it's not a strategy game, then Sid Meier's Pirates! but she's way too vintage, so now I simply have no clue.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #49

Although I'm not sure if it's well-known around the world, sounds alot like
Spoiler:
The Void/Tension
Old 01-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #50

Just taking a wild guess here.

Spoiler:
LA Noire

or

Spoiler:
The Godfather: Five Families
Old 01-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #51

The bonus pic is from
Spoiler:
The Movies
Old 01-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #52
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDalilah (to my persona) View Post
You don't know the first thing of art
Perhaps I don't, but (obviously, and to your shame if you're studying art) I know a little more about art than you do (at least I recognize the distinctive art style of some of the most famous painters). Name:  smart_ass.gif
Views: 152
Size:  441 Bytes

Quote:
listen to someone who studies art.
I wouldn't brag about that if I were you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
I think we need to get this thread back on track.
No more off-topic from me. I just had to respond to SD's off-topic post after your appeal.

Quote:
Anyway back on topic
Haven't you said you didn't need any hints. Why didn't you guess all the remaining pics, then? Name:  prevrce ocima.gif
Views: 115
Size:  1.0 KB
Of all the remaining AG screenshots (tiny parts of them, that is) I only didn't get Lula 3D because only the hint for Lula 3D was hazy (How can I know which games you find enjoyable for men?).

Last edited by zobraks; 01-06-2012 at 01:55 AM. Reason: bloody English
Old 01-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #53
an angel of romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
Perhaps I don't, but (obviously, and to your shame if you're studying art) I know a little more about art than you do (at least I recognize the distinctive art style of some of the most famous painters). Attachment 3100
And who says I don't? What I was saying is that all these painters (even though they are from different periods (Ingres-neoclassicist, Goya- romantic, Renoir- Impressionist) , and had different styles, have painted more curvaceous woman. And yes Botticelli did too, just look at this painting They have curves, now don't they? So please don't give lesson's about something you're not familiar of. Stick to your field of constructive engineering And I'm quite sure you didn't even know from what periods they where

Old 01-06-2012, 06:37 AM   #54

It's hard to discuss "beauty". Especially considering the fact that trends come and pass. And what was once considered "normal" may not be anymore, OR the old trends - retro, in a circular motion may return again.

So, is this "normal"?:

or this:

We will never know. "The Truth Is Out There" ... and probably lies somewhere in the middle. Not to mention that even in those time when "bigger" was more usual to be to consider "better", there were individuals with different taste. Just like today.

Great quiz, and i think So There got the bonus. Funny, i've never heard of "The Movies" before even though i like that type of games, and movies as well. I should try it.

As for Lula 3D, i've never played it, didn't seem that good. But the original wasn't bad at all , even though it was more of a strategy/simulation game.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #55
an angel of romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by So There View Post
The bonus pic is from
Spoiler:
The Movies
Yes, that's right. Name:  bravo.gif
Views: 104
Size:  5.8 KB Name:  aplauz.gif
Views: 102
Size:  2.2 KB

Well that's it people. I'd like to thank everyone who have participated in my quiz, joked around, and enjoyed my quiz with positive thinking. You are all great adventurers, and I love you all.

Some individuals have gone really off-topic with their comments, started an argument, and didn't appreciate all the hard work that I have invested in making this amusing quiz for all of you too have fun guessing in it. But because of them I will think twice about making another quiz, because I don't know if it's worth it.

yours truly Dalilah

Last edited by SweetDalilah; 01-06-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #56
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Great quiz, and i think So There got the bonus. Funny, i've never heard of "The Movies" before even though i like that type of games, and movies as well. I should try it.
I was disappointed with The Movies. But that's mostly Peter Molyneux's fault. He keeps on announcing future games that will have an abundance of options and different ideas in it, and when it's time to release the games, they've been toned down to about a tenth of what he had promised at the start.
I'm seriously pissed at all the Lionhead Studios games' so far. None of them were what they had announced to be.
Basically: Molyneux aims for the stars and then fails to deliver.

As a game to make movies with, The Movies is pretty limited (much like Steven Spielberg's Director's Chair), but it's possible that the Stunts & Effects add-on fixes a lot of these issues (never got the add-on because I didn't like the game that much).
And as a Hollywood Tycoon type of game it's rather standard. They put a lot of different ideas in it, but none of them were decently developed.

Together with Black & White 2 (also by Molyneux and Lionhead), it's possibly the worst game I've paid top dollar for...

Well, to be honest, it's a lot better than Black & White 2, that one was just awful. Instead of improving on the first B&W, it took away the ONE thing the first game had going for it (the charm of "raising" your animal - in the sequel it was more like managing than parenting)...

Edit: Thanks for the great quiz, SD!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #57
handsome

I'm the one who tried to ruin this I bet hey guess what, here's another obvious thing: how the hell is The Movies a strategy game?! Its a (business) sim game ffs!

And how the fudge can you compare Botticelli's no-outlines colorfull and curvaceous women to fatass chairs-destroyers like Ruben's main fetish? What does size-trends have to do with an explicit subject\model of a portrait?? Aargh! you're a disgrace to common sense! God!

Breathee tiago breaathe...

And diego, the first pic (contrary to the 2nd) is not exactly something that men ever drooled by looking at -- it was more of a standard for girls and the catwalk world. But, whos she? Looks a little Kate Moss-y but she's way to Nicole Richie kind of insane skinniness for that.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #58
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Some individuals have gone really off-topic with their comments, started an argument, and didn't appreciate all the hard work that I have invested in making this amusing quiz for all of you too have fun guessing in it. But because of them I will think twice about making another quiz, because I don't know if it's worth it.
Think of us instead.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #59
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Off-topicness and arguments about art aside, I think you did a great job on your second quiz effort, SweetD! (By your own definition, you've now become a quizmaster... er, quizmistress! Congrats! ) Don't be discouraged, I've come to expect a little chaos and craziness in my own quizzes. If you ever decide to create another quiz, I'll be there!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #60
an angel of romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post

Great quiz, and i think So There got the bonus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post

Edit: Thanks for the great quiz, SD!!!
Oh, thanks for the compliments. Name:  redface.gif
Views: 70
Size:  1.0 KB I'm glad you liked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Think of us instead.
Thank you Fien, I will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
Off-topicness and arguments about art aside, I think you did a great job on your second quiz effort, SweetD! (By your own definition, you've now become a quizmaster... er, quizmistress! Congrats! ) Don't be discouraged, I've come to expect a little chaos and craziness in my own quizzes. If you ever decide to create another quiz, I'll be there!
Thank you for these kind and encouraging words, Trunk So I'm a quizmistress now, eh? Name:  evilgrin.gif
Views: 69
Size:  959 Bytes Name:  bliss.gif
Views: 71
Size:  4.0 KB