Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Games to finish in 2012 (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30270-games-finish-2012-a.html)

diego 01-01-2012 09:17 AM

Games to finish in 2012

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2...solutions1.jpg

Happy New Year, everyone!!! http://www.sk.rs/forum/images/smilie...icon_smile.gif

Speaking of resolutions, promises... and as a counterpart to "2011 finished games" thread, how about games yet to finish? I'm talking primarily about the games you've already started but didn't finish for some reason. That is, if you're doing anything that weird, like me :crazy:

First, i'll want to finish two games from last year playthroughs - GAG and Overseer :shifty:

Then, i wish to finally go through A Vampyre Story. I think i first started it in 2009. :crazy:

Zork: Grand Inquisitor and Tale of a Hero are two games i started in 2011. but got stuck. It didn't help that i put them aside, and so recently when i got back to them i was not only stuck, but completely lost as what i was supposed to do :frusty: Luckily, just yesterday i managed to tie things up in Tale of a Hero and move on - never, EVER put away game while you're in the middle of an ocean! As for Zork, i think i'll have to start it over, but it won't bother me much, Dungeon Master comments will pay up for that.

Finally, Wanted is just like AVS, game i started years ago, but this time - i've experienced some technical bug, more precisely i lost sound at some moment for mysterious reasons. I didn't want to play further without it, and just recently, when i reinstalled the system, i got the sound back.

SweetDalilah 01-01-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diego (Post 596959)

Speaking of resolutions, promises... and as a counterpart to "2011 finished games" thread, how about games yet to finish? I'm talking primarily about the games you've already started but didn't finish for some reason. That is, if you're doing anything that weird, like me :crazy:

I think you're holding the record with the highest number of unfinished games :P :D

Quote:

First, i'll want to finish two games from last year playthroughs - GAG and Overseer :shifty:

:shifty: :pan: :pan:

Well first of all I guess I'll try to finish Post Mortem, that I started 4 months ago. But sence it got really boring :Z, I don't know when I'll decide to continue playing it.

Then I'll also start playing Dreamfall again :D, which I started playing a few years ago, got stuck, and then never got to finish it because I got a new computer :frown:

I'll also try to get to play all the classics like GK, BS, games from the monkey Island series that I haven't still played and so on.

I'll also play some FMV games, sence I never tried one of those before :D

I'm also looking forward to playing The Book of Unwritten Tales, The Next BIG Thing, as well as Edna & Harvey and The Whispered World :D

Drolin 01-01-2012 10:18 AM

I'd Like to finish Callahan's Crosstime Saloon within a couple of weekends. I started playing it a few months ago, but I completed so far only first story.

And from more "long term" games on my list, I have to finally complete Ripper and Overclocked.

Biggest task would be finishing some original, but quite difficult games as a Pathologic (one of the best games in terms of atmosphere and premise, but gameplay isnt as great as other aspects), The Void and Cosmology of Kyoto.

harald 01-01-2012 12:57 PM

Great, another thread for posting lists. I love these things. :D

I've taken advantage of several holiday sales at Steam, GOG and similar places this year, and now I have around 25 games waiting to be played. 2012 is going to be a busy year. Here are the ones I've already started playing. Some have been on hold for over a year.

Dark Fall: The Journal
This seems like a terrific game, but I can't get into it. I've heard so much praise about it and I'm really digging the atmosphere, but I keep getting lost in the corridors and losing track of who this or that character is. I really hope I'll be able to continue.

Myst IV
Having technical problems, which I hope to solve this year. I think I know what needs to be done, I just have to get around to it.

Police Quest 2
Exciting game, but ever so frustrating to play. I think I'm at the last segment soon so I'll probably finish it this year.

Gabriel Knight 2
We (a friend of mine and I) really need to finish this soon. Not just because it's a wonderful game, but because GK3 and Gray Matter are already waiting for us on my shelf, and have done so for over a year already.

Back to the Future: The Game
I played the first episode when it was free, and it was all right. I've bought the full season now but my expectations are frankly a bit low.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
I'm stuck at the last dungeon, and the magic meter in the top-left corner of the interface has burned onto my plasma TV screen. :frusty: (I'm playing it on Wii-ware.) But I have to finish it this year nonetheless so I can get on with the next Zelda game on the timeline!

The Dark Eye
Is it an adventure game or a collection of re-imagined Poe stories? I'm not sure, but I'm loving every second of it and expect to finish it soon.

I finished 12 games in 2011, so assuming I'll spend about the same amount of time playing games this year, I expect to play and finish the following games as well:
The Manhole
Dreamfall
Casebook Trilogy
Blackwell: Deception
Jolly Rover
Trauma
Back to the Future
Fahrenheit
Hector: Badge of Carnage
Jurassic Park: The Game
Puzzle Agent 2

And finally, there's the fact that I can never resist buying a new game every couple of months. I think The Book of Unwritten Tales is the next game that I'll pick up, and will probably start playing it as soon as I have it.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I plan to get a Nintendo 3DS some time during the next few months, so I'll probably be busy with that too. The above list might be a bit optimistic then!

lewuz 01-01-2012 02:00 PM

My TO DO list about games is close to 300 titles, and those are just released games. Future holds, and digging in history adds, many more.
I try to play only 1-2 games at time and finish one before taking next. Right now I'm driving in WRC2. But next in line are adventures - Gemini Rue and To the Moon.

Mikekelly 01-01-2012 03:36 PM

Syberia on the Nintendo DS really stumped me in one part when I played it in 2008. Happily I just now got past that part of the game and finished it. Hurray!

Now I want some different endings on 999 !!!!!!!!!!

:)

Siddhi 01-01-2012 07:20 PM

First on the list are the three Blackwell Games, and Gemini Rue. Then part 2 & 3 of Runaway. I'm also halfway through Sherlock Holmes: Awakened, Sam & Max Season 2 and a Nancy Drew game, so I hope to finish all three.

Then comes a long queue.... Vampyre Story, Return to Mysterious Island, Whispered World, Lost Horizon, Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis, Sam & Max Season 3, Simon the Sorceror. Plus a bunch of non-adventures. At my play rate, this is enough for more than a year

skeeter_93 01-02-2012 12:15 AM

Games I'm aiming to finish this year...there's a few!

Games I actually want to finish:

Callahans Crosstime Saloon
Perry Rhodan
13th Victim
Postmortem
Sherlock Holmes Silver Earring
Journeyman 2

Games I'm not sure I want to finish:

Ceville
Law and Order Criminal Intent
Syberia
Kings Quest 1 Redone

And like everyone else I've got piles of games I haven't even started yet...

Quote:

I think all of us do that...

Quote:

Then, i wish to finally go through A Vampyre Story. I think i first started it in 2009. :crazy:

I've got half played games at least that old or older!

Quote:

Zork: Grand Inquisitor and Tale of a Hero are two games i started in 2011. but got stuck. It didn't help that i put them aside, and so recently when i got back to them i was not only stuck, but completely lost as what i was supposed to do :frusty:

I hate when that happens... I leave a game so long then I have to start over. If I don't start over, I wander around going 'what...what?'

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetDalilah (Post 596967)
I think you're holding the record with the highest number of unfinished games :P :D

I'm not sure about that :D

Quote:

Well first of all I guess I'll try to finish Post Mortem, that I started 4 months ago. But sence it got really boring :Z, I don't know when I'll decide to continue playing it.

I have a few games that got boring that are waiting for me to finish *cough*Syberia*cough*Amber*cough*

Quote:

Then I'll also start playing Dreamfall again :D, which I started playing a few years ago, got stuck, and then never got to finish it because I got a new computer :frown:

And I've had that problem too... that's why Postmortem and Dracula Origins are still waiting... I just can't be bothered restarting...

Fien 01-02-2012 01:33 AM

I'll give Gray Matter another chance this year. I never finished Titanic, don't know why, I quite liked it. I'd also love to finish Faust, but I ran into a bug during Kurufinwe's and although people tried to help me, I think I may be stuck forever.

PS: SweetD, if you want to play an FMV game you can't go wrong with Zork Grand Inquisitor. FMV only in the cutscenes and the actors are good. Very funny game.

TimovieMan 01-02-2012 01:55 AM

I'm currently still playing Grim Fandango, L.A. Noire and Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call. I plan on finishing these soon.

Grim Fandango shouldn't be a problem for this week, I'm already in Year Four at the El Marrow endgame.

L.A. Noire is going slower than expected, but at least, after 15 cases out of 21 solved, the plot is starting to thicken. I'll probably still be playing this for a few weeks, because I'll want to do the street crimes as well (and I've been ignoring these - only finished 2 out of 40).

Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call will probably take a few weeks longer. I play these games really casually so I only progress with two or three puzzles at a time. I think I'm about two-thirds in...

As for the rest, I'll just be working my way down my infamous "list". Thanks to the Top 100 here, I now have about 70 games on that list (if it's not more, I'm not really counting).

DS-games to play (if I can find affordable copies):
- Another Code
- Flower, Sun and Rain

Non-adventure PC-games to play (will start after completing L.A. Noire):
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Mass Effect 3 (*)

Adventure games to play (in order, starting after my Grim Fandango playthrough):
- The Secret of Monkey Island (replay)
- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (replay)
- The Curse of Monkey Island (replay)
- Escape from Monkey Island (replay)
- King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
- King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride (replay / finish)
- Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
- Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
- Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
- The Last Express
- Beneath a Steel Sky
- about 50 titles more where the order is fuzzy without my actual list handy (I'm at work, atm - yes, I'm working on this, the 2nd of January :frown:).

There are a few games that I once started but never finished. All of those are also on my list. These include King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride, Zork: Nemesis, Syberia and A Vampyre's Story.
Most are further down my list, though...

(*) RPG's tend to take me a few months to complete and a great deal of my time will be spent planning my wedding, so I reckon Mass Effect 3 will usurp ALL of my gameplaying time upon its release. That will include DS and adventure gaming time as well, because it's Mass Effect 3... :D

calmoctopus 01-02-2012 01:35 PM

For adventure games, I would like to finish The Whispered World and The Longest Journey.

Others include Resonance of Fate, Persona 3, Skies of Arcadia and Final Fantasy X.

Many more RPGs than Adventures, but I hope to enjoy them fully.

Jubilee 01-02-2012 02:27 PM

Games I want to start/finish this year

The Last Express
Batman Arkham City - nearly there
Police Quest 3 (replay)
Runaway 3: A Twist of Fate
Grim Fandango (replay)
Battlefield 3 Campaign
COD: MW3 Campaign
Sam and Max Season 2 & 3
Space Quest Series

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective