You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Guess the game from the Amazon review!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #161
Elegantly copy+pasted

Book of Unwritten Tales?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #162

Book of Unwritten tales is correct
Old 01-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #163
Elegantly copy+pasted

Cool. OK, give this a try:

Quote:
I think I would find this game more fun than say, a video game enthusiast, but I am a [franchise/brand] fan, and a Indiana Jones fan, which this game reminds me of in some ways.

It is a game where you selelct the dialog for the characters at certain points, where as other times, the story plays out. You have to look for objects, and solve the puzzle, and have to travel around the world. If you miss a clue, you can end up going around and around, from destination to destination, but you can always look up the game cheats online if you get stuck!

Not as sophisticated as a game like Siberia, with graphics not as smooth, but still, a really fun puzzle, and [main character] tells some pretty good jokes.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #164
Filmfreak

Lost Horizon?

Still trying. It'll be Lost Horizon eventually...
Old 01-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #165
tsa
Playing character

The Whispered World?
Old 01-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #166
Elegantly copy+pasted

No and no.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #167
tsa
Playing character

I take it it's a Lucasarts game. Is it Loom?
Old 01-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #168

I'd guess one of the Broken Sword games; let's say the first one.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 01-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #169
Elegantly copy+pasted

No. I'd say Broken Sword is the closest so far, but only in a very general sense of being a classic, Indiana Jones-style globe-trotting adventure.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #170
tsa
Playing character

It's not 80 days, is it?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #171

Martin Mystère?
Old 01-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #172

I'm surprised no ones already said this: Jack Keane?
Old 01-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #173
Elegantly copy+pasted

No x 3. There aren't any other amazon reviews, but here's a user review from a different site:

Quote:
I liked everything. It was all a good adventure game should be. The plot and puzzles were well thought out. Voice acting was good (if not grand). The life of [main character] is something that has been ignored by history. It is refreshing to see a game, or any piece of entertainment, that embraces his exciting, debonaire lifestyle.
Edit: OK, since nobody's made a guess all day, I'll point out that as the above review hints, you play as a historical character.

Last edited by After a brisk nap; 01-12-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #174

Hasn't this been guessed yet? With the second review, it's highly likely that it's The Riddle of Master Lu.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 01-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #175

totally stumped
Old 01-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #176
Elegantly copy+pasted

Kurufinwe's got it!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #177

New one:

This review weird rant is courtesy of one Ms. Noelline Coakley (from Ireland) and is entitled, appropriately enough, "Confused and angry":

Quote:
I am often a little suprised at the reviews some games get, but i can understand that everybody has different tastes so it does,nt bother me. But this has me stumped this is by far the worst adventure game i have ever played,i did,nt even play it exactly i actually used a wwalkthrough for the entire thing just so i could also make a review on the storyline and plot otherwise i would have stopped lpaying right there

Lets begin with the puzzles probably the lowest point of the game they are impossible for the player to solve for the most part Some of the more ridiculous ouzzles include finding a tiny rectangular metal plate on the ground its colour almost matches the ground making it even more impossible to find but there is absoloutly no indication that you have to find this metal reangle which then makes a clicking sound and you are now able to open a plaque on the wall which before if you tried clicking on it nothing would have happend not even a click to indicate it is locked but can be opened. In another puzzle you enter a bathroom and there is a hotspot on a part of the wall the entire wall is the same with no distinguishable features but for some reason there is a hotspot on just ONE part of the wall clicking on this NOTHING brings up a mirror(??) a mirror just appears in thin air with what appears to be the reflection of a drawer in the bathroom, but when you look the actual drawer has not opened only the drawer in the mirror image and you must open the drawer in the mirror image not the real One. hows that for ridiculous. Furthermore much of what you do you dont know why you you need to do that, it lacks purpose and logic.

As for the plot it leaves alot of unexplained questions one of the characters "two siamese twins" are seen seperate in one clip, this is never explained or even referenced ever again, there alot of things like that, and the character animations are just terrible they have no facial expression the character xxxxxxx has a constant grin on his face and for some reason his arms are constantly flailing about the place as he talks, actually all the characters are like that. You will find nothing in this game, If i were a game develop giving a presentation on what NOT to do in an adventure game id bring this along as an example.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #178
Filmfreak

At first, with the metal plates, I was thinking towards The Dig, but with the mirror and the drawer and the rest, I just don't have a single clue what this could be about.

But then again, I'm not entirely sure Ms. Noelline Coakley (from Ireland) does, either.

Hey, I didn't guess "Lost Horizon" this time!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:08 AM   #179
tsa
Playing character

I also don't even know in what direction to think.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #180
Elegantly copy+pasted

Faust, right?

Edit: My own reaction to the game was similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by After a brisk nap View Post
Confused. Annoyed. Unimpressed.
OK, greedy siamese twins. Got it. Now what? I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. What's my mission again? Learn about the sins of these people? That doesn't help me. Should I just look for more things I can click? UHS, here I come!
I'm stuck in this stupid gazebo. There's nothing to interact with. Yeah, like I'm going to bother to figure this one out...

Ah! Pixel hunting. Why am I not surprised? Of course there's a secret panel behind the notice, and a tiny trigger on the floor. Makes perfect sense!

Last edited by After a brisk nap; 01-13-2012 at 01:34 AM.