You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure So, is anyone getting a 3DS?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #1

Default So, is anyone getting a 3DS?

James Noir's Hollywood Crimes 3D and Konami's Professor Layton clone, Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights, have already come out for the system.

Currently in the works you have Level-5 localising Ace Attorney vs. Professor Layton, the 999 sequel ( Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die), Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle and Times Travellers.

It looks like Level-5 is picking up the slack for Capcom. The only down side is that the 3DS is region locked. I had to import a few DS games from the U.S. like 999 and the third Ace Attorney game and won't be able to do that anymore. Otherwise, the 3DS library is shaping up to be promising to adventure gamers.

Anyone going to pick one up for Christmas?
Old 12-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #2

I of course I have one. Got one adventure game on it and the extra horsepower is much appreciated. The 3D effect is very cool too.

I will get lots more adventure games for it - the DS won't go forever and eventually the 3DS will be the main game in town.

Last edited by Mikekelly; 12-17-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-17-2011, 01:32 AM   #3
UnseenUniversity Graduate

I really want to play the games listed, so eventually will get a 3DS, But not for a couple of years, probably. The region locking is something I didn't know about, and is a pain as I often order games online. I'll have to make sure the games are the right region... I have a DS lite and it's served me well for years... I'm happy to stick with it for as long as I can.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #4

Supposedly the 3DS is only region locked for 3DS games. Thus, any regular DS game should work on it.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:01 AM   #5
Filmfreak

I'm NOT getting a 3DS. I'm quite happy with the DSi I have, and I don't feel like churning out another 200$ or more just for the semi-next-gen.
Besides, I'm not at all impressed with the 3D-effect it creates...

If this means that I'll miss some sequels to really awesome games (999, Phoenix Wright, Layton), then so be it. I have to live without other console-exclusive games like Heavy Rain as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerz View Post
Supposedly the 3DS is only region locked for 3DS games. Thus, any regular DS game should work on it.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:12 AM   #6

I think there's plenty of years left in the DS line. I still play my Dsi XL even though I have a 3DS. There are still plenty of games scheduled for release on the system - Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle for example.

Some people are waiting for a 3DS XL to be released, wanting a larger touch screen than the current 3DS has.

I will be playing my DSi for many years to come and there will be software support as well.

Last edited by Mikekelly; 12-19-2011 at 04:13 AM. Reason: typo