Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Botanicula (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30180-botanicula.html)

Lady Kestrel 04-19-2012 05:19 PM

I'm playing it now, too, Fien, when I'm not just sitting and watching those amazing tree inhabitants. I've been trying to get some cooperation from those boop-booping red jumping bugs, but my giggling gets in the way of my coordination. What a delight this one is!

Oscar 04-19-2012 05:46 PM

The main villain is scary.

Andromus 04-19-2012 06:36 PM

Granted, I'm predisposed to like Amanita's work, but this charmed me and drew me in right away with its vibrant world and colorful characters. Just what I needed as I'd been particularly grumpy about modern adventure games lately.

Lady Kestrel 04-19-2012 08:40 PM

These puzzles are so very clever. I'm having a wonderful time with this one.

Jackal 04-19-2012 09:54 PM

Along with Botanicula being brilliant, for those picking up the Humble Bundle, do yourselves a favour and be sure to cough up more than the average to get Kooky. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's a full-length movie that's six kinds of awesome. Far better than many theatrical releases I've seen. And although dubbed from the original Czech, that really doesn't matter since most of the characters' mouths don't move anyway, and they picked some excellent voice actors.

Adventurere No.1 04-19-2012 10:33 PM

soothing like the spring breeze !... i am in love with Mr.Feather

Fien 04-19-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Kestrel (Post 608523)
I've been trying to get some cooperation from those boop-booping red jumping bugs, but my giggling gets in the way of my coordination.

There is some kind of bug in the part with the red balls, though. After using the red ball it disappeared. Of course I thought it was supposed to and I tried all combinations of the 3 small floating ones in the various openings and I got better and better at moving them but still nothing worked. In despair I restored and started from scratch. And then I got my red ball back and after all the practice I'd had I solved it in one minute.

Already 30,000 copies sold at Amanita's site. :)

MoonBird 04-20-2012 03:40 AM

Am I really the only one in the universe who doesn't like this game at all? :crazy:

Irongiant909 04-20-2012 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 608538)
There is some kind of bug in the part with the red balls, though. After using the red ball it disappeared. Of course I thought it was supposed to and I tried all combinations of the 3 small floating ones in the various openings and I got better and better at moving them but still nothing worked. In despair I restored and started from scratch. And then I got my red ball back and after all the practice I'd had I solved it in one minute.

Already 30,000 copies sold at Amanita's site. :)

This sounds like it is related to the recently reported screen size issue on some PCs - it manifests itself when the screen size is set to 100% - set it to 60% (just for that puzzle) and all is well. :)

Arial Type 04-20-2012 05:38 AM

I still can't decide whether to try it out or not, because I can't understand what it looks like. Does it involve a linear chain of events you have to click through, like Samorost games? Or is it like Machinarium, where you have to think logically, explore the world and solve normal puzzles?

Jackal 04-20-2012 08:00 AM

It's really something in between. Far more exploring than Samorost, but still largely involves click sequences to solve each individual scenario. Fewer "normal" puzzles than Machinarium, but still a fair number of them, plus other minigame-type activities.

Terabin 04-20-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonBird (Post 608546)
Am I really the only one in the universe who doesn't like this game at all? :crazy:

Most definitely!

azadragon 04-20-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

No you're not.

zobraks 04-20-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Send me a copy of Botanicula and I'll tell you.

Fien 04-20-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zobraks (Post 608571)

It says at the Humble Bundle site: "Pay what you want for Botanicula". You'll get Machinarium and Samorost 2 as well. (For the next 13 days.) Is $1 too much for you? I don't recommend it, that goes without saying. But you can get the game for next to nothing if that's what you really want and can still sleep at night.

Irongiant909 04-20-2012 11:03 AM

Really lovely game, guaranteed to make you laugh and smile. :D

Amanita have also apologised for the Humble bundle 'issue' re GOG and GG pre-orders:

http://amanita-design.net/blog/2012/...a-pre-orderers

TerminusEst 04-20-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zobraks (Post 608571)

I sure hope you were serious... Check your private messages.

Arial Type 04-20-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 608561)
It's really something in between. Far more exploring than Samorost, but still largely involves click sequences to solve each individual scenario. Fewer "normal" puzzles than Machinarium, but still a fair number of them, plus other minigame-type activities.

Oh, thanks! Guess I'll pass on this one.

zane 04-20-2012 09:44 PM

ohhh myyy what ridiculous fun this game is.

Spoiler:
of course they wish for a ferris wheel, what else would they???

Oscar 04-20-2012 10:32 PM

I'm not sure the developers aren't all on some sort of strange psychoactive drug. Whatever it is, I want some.