You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Games to play this Christmas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2011, 05:23 AM   #1

Default Games to play this Christmas

Winter I mean...christmas is coming so I thought it'd be time for the annual christmas games thread. Not in the least cause I haven't got the foggiest what games I'll play this christmas so any suggestions are welcome. I like games with a Christmassy wintery feeling like Still Life, Syberia, Dracula 3, Lost Horizon or Dreamfall (now you know what I played christmas 2009/10)Also don't forget to mention what you'll be playing this christmas. I did start this thread in the adventure section so preferably stick to AGs.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:32 AM   #2

Wow, is it Christmas yet?

The game i'll need to get back soon is A Vampyre Story, and it has some neat wintery screens. Then, The Book of Unwritten Tales, there's some snow there, too. And i'd like to finish Fable already:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post
I did start this thread in the adventure section so preferably stick to AGs.
Too late - http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/bells.htm
Old 12-07-2011, 05:56 AM   #3

I play Still Life every holiday season with a glass of red wine and an ice-cold shot of vodka by my side (Vic's fav).

Might also give Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit) another go during the winter months -- especially if we get another epic blizzard here in Chicago like last year's That will make the experience extra atmospheric.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
Psychonaut

The three best adventure games of all time

http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,1110/
Old 12-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #5
Replicant

There is no snow that I can remember but The Whispered World has that whimsical cartoony feel you associate with Christmas... a computer game equivalent of those Christmas morning cartoons we all used to love as kids.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Wow, is it Christmas yet?
No but if I asked for suggestions on Christmas I'd be a little late wouldn't I?

Quote:
The game i'll need to get back soon is A Vampyre Story, and it has some neat wintery screens.
That's a nice enough game don't expect to much from the ending though. It's not really an ending you see

Quote:
The Book of Unwritten Tales, there's some snow there, too.
Hey yeah, just watched the trailer. Looks good. Hasn't really been on my radar because I'm not a stickler for comedic adventures but I do love a good parody and this one seems a lot of fun. And of course the rating on this site helps quite a bit too. Ordered it thanks.

Quote:
The three best adventure games of all time

http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,1110/
OMG why didn't I spot those before? And they're free! Downloading as we speak. They'll be nice and warm on my laptop till christmas(or not) BTW: I still got the AG Christmas Carols somewhere. Shame I can't sing.

Quote:
There is no snow that I can remember but The Whispered World has that whimsical cartoony feel you associate with Christmas... a computer game equivalent of those Christmas morning cartoons we all used to love as kids.
Actually I didn't really like those so I'll probably don't like The Whispered World. Also I knew about the game before but it doesn't really appeal to me. Seems a bit childish.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming
Old 12-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #7

I'll probably replay Ben Jordan 7, since that takes place around Christmas. I also can't wait for the 8th one, which comes out around Christmas as well!!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykat10115 View Post
I'll probably replay Ben Jordan 7, since that takes place around Christmas. I also can't wait for the 8th one, which comes out around Christmas as well!!
Rumoured to, I'm not holding my breath. However if it does actually come out with Christmas it'll definitely be one of the games I play this Christmas.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #9
Senior Automaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post

Hey yeah, just watched the trailer. Looks good. Hasn't really been on my radar because I'm not a stickler for comedic adventures but I do love a good parody and this one seems a lot of fun. And of course the rating on this site helps quite a bit too. Ordered it thanks.
Quote:
Actually I didn't really like those so I'll probably don't like The Whispered World. Also I knew about the game before but it doesn't really appeal to me. Seems a bit childish.
Actually I'd say Book of Unwritten Tales is a lot more childish than Whispered World, which is based around a very serious concept. I'm not a overly fond of either game though.