Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   What are your most anticipated 2012 adventure games? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30136-what-your-most-anticipated-2012-adventure-games.html)

Stuart 11-25-2011 02:29 PM

Is Memento Mori 2 coming in 2011 or 2012? Either way I'm really looking forward to that.

AnneS 11-25-2011 03:03 PM

Definitely The Last Crown and Asylum. Although I'm a little worried the first-person perspective of Asylum may set off my motion sickness. (I had to play Scratches in slideshow mode.)

renna 11-25-2011 03:27 PM

2012 or bust

I'm definitely waiting anxiously for Bracken Tor and Last Crown and maybe even Secret Files 3.

gray pierce 11-25-2011 03:55 PM

Secret Files 3 is definitely the one to play for me in 2012. I'm jumping up and down in excitement ever since I saw the trailer. I'm also interested in The Dark Eye however I'd first have to see more of the game. I'm not as big a fan of Daedalic as some others (I only played A New Beginning and that was a nice enough game though hardly anything spectacular) so I'd like to know more about the story before getting excited. I was excited about Testament of SH but since the preview I don't even know if I still want to buy the game. As for BJ8 I'm still hoping for a christmas release. Otherwise that's very high one my list of 2012 releases.

aimless 11-25-2011 05:13 PM

I was looking forward to Testament, too, but they're taking some peculiar liberties with the canon. Holmes murders someone? What? And if that's Sherlock Holmes in Testament, I'll eat my hat. His depiction is nowhere near the SH of their earlier games or of Conan Doyle's imaginings. If they want to make him a normal, run of the mill guy to look at, it had better be a damned good game otherwise to overcome this purist's prejudice.

Oscar 11-25-2011 05:54 PM

I doubt Sherlock murdered anyone, it's more likely he just has to prove his innocence, perhaps someone framed him. I would have preferred they didn't change his face either, but they probably had to up the detail from the last few games anyway, which all used the same engine.

LegendofBen 11-25-2011 07:49 PM

Layton, Phoenix Wright, and if the sequel to 999 goes out in the U.S., then that too.

aimless 11-25-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 594528)
I doubt Sherlock murdered anyone, it's more likely he just has to prove his innocence, perhaps someone framed him. I would have preferred they didn't change his face either, but they probably had to up the detail from the last few games anyway, which all used the same engine.

Do I think a tall, thin, cold, aristocratic guy would be difficult to do for their graphic artists? Nah. Van Helsing in Dracula Origin looks more like Holmes than the Great Detective in Testament trailers. (He seems to have lost a few inches, too.)

I don't know where I read it but I got the impression from some interview with the developers that Holmes is going to off someone. I really hope I read that wrong. ;(

skeeter_93 11-25-2011 09:27 PM

I'm not looking forward to much really... maybe I need to read up oln a few games in this thread. Lucius, Captain Morgane And The Golden Turtle and Nancy Drew. That's about it.

MoonBird 11-25-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 594519)
Is Memento Mori 2 coming in 2011 or 2012? Either way I'm really looking forward to that.

I think that at least the english release goes 2012 for sure.

Jelena 11-26-2011 02:22 AM

Bracken Tor and The Last Crown.

Schneckchen ^.^ 11-26-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimless (Post 594531)
I don't know where I read it but I got the impression from some interview with the developers that Holmes is going to off someone. I really hope I read that wrong. ;(

Frogwares usually makes really good games so I'm just going to trust them and not judge it until I played the game. I'm sure they won't turn it into Call of Duty: Victorian Warfare.

terhardp 11-26-2011 02:38 AM

• The Last Crown
  • Bracken Tor
  • Secret Files III
  • The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
  • Botanicula
  • Samorost 3

I'm also slightly intrigued about Asylum and Lucius. But I'm looking forward the most to several titles outside the genre, namely Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider and maybe Max Payne 3.

Oscar 11-26-2011 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terhardp (Post 594541)
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider? :9~ I didn't know there was a new Tomb Raider coming. The last one that came out wasn't anything like classic TR so hope this one will be.

terhardp 11-26-2011 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 594542)
Tomb Raider? :9~ I didn't know there was a new Tomb Raider coming. The last one that came out wasn't anything like classic TR so hope this one will be.

Yes, they are working on it, all right. :) Here is some details and a few screenshots:

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/...der/index.html

I'm totally with you about Tomb Raider: The Guardian of Light. As soon as I've first read about it, I knew I won't ever touch it. Luckily it seems they are already back on the right path, at least when thinking about the latest three Tomb Raider games. And maybe the next one will really be the best of them all.

Hamham Chan 11-26-2011 03:38 AM

The Walking Dead should be interesting.
Will it be a adventure game though?

Idrisguitar 11-26-2011 04:19 AM

samorost 3, mainly because machinarium was what got me into this genre so late and i have no doubt it will be magical and beautiful and brilliant.

thats about it. i cant say the secret files games really blew me away, solid games, but i dont play games for solidity (why i will agree with every negative thing said about telltale in this thread :D) sure its a bonus, but i want the designers to really go out of their way to inspire and engross the player.

i have such a back catalog of amazing adventure to yet play though. so its not depressing for me.

Fien 11-26-2011 04:29 AM

Idrisguitar, how did you like the Longest Journey? I remember you asked for one or two hints, but that was months ago, you must have finished it by now or you threw it away in disgust. :D

Chrono-Serge 11-26-2011 10:53 AM

King's Quest (If it is out in 2012), Testament of Sherlock Holmes and Secret Files 3.

Uninvited Ghost 11-26-2011 11:22 AM

Speaking of Jane Jensen, and to a lesser extent, King's Quest...

Cognition

I've already preordered/supported...