You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Jurassic Park: The Game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #41
lost in rubacava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaesun View Post
I actually wish they would do a Stargate:SG1 series. It's perfect for the Adventure Game genre.
There's an older indie fan game called Stargate Adventure on the AGS website. It got good ratings back in 2006 if you want to try it out.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimless View Post
There's an older indie fan game called Stargate Adventure on the AGS website. It got good ratings back in 2006 if you want to try it out.
I can vouch for this game. Enjoyed it quite a bit because it was faithful to the series. Definitely check it out.

On topic of the game. I'm in the middle of episode 2 and I can say I REALLY like the characters in this game. Just like you feel and love the characters in a good big budget show or film. That is something that telltale hasn't done before. All the characters before are cartoony. Now we have a serious toned game that just feels so spectacular and so much like Lost or Walking Dead and so on. It is so well rounded in terms of character depth, story, and so on.

Also if you noticed, just like these big budget shows, this game doesn't just focus on a one or two protagonists unlike the previous catologue of games from the company.

Now I can't wait to play Fables or Walking Dead by Telltale! I'm LOVING IT!

Edit: Hey telltale. Doing a Dexter game while you're out it too.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/

Last edited by Monolith; 11-22-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #43

I just beat the game. Wow, just wow. I've never been so excited to play a game. Mainly because the game keeps your attention from beginning to end without truely hindering your excitement of involvement. This has been one of those games that totally surprised me.

I never expected to experience a genuine Jurassic Park game that offered not just a "A game is a game. Why should we try harder?" but a "Shut up, you can still capture a movie and all of its devices and bring it over to video games". Thanks to Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain. It is safe to say we might see a future in Interactive Television/Films.

That ending to the game was just intense. Honestly, I'm glad they didn't release the game in episodes. I would be so butt hurt at the end of every episode. Unlike Sam & Max and the other games from Telltale, Jurassic Park would just leave you disappointed because each episode doesn't feel fulfilling enough to wait a month.

Telltale, even though you love the Episodic Format, you can still pull off the "Puzzle Agent" formula and release full games. Sure the development cycle would be more along the lines of this game, but it would be worth developing "Episodic Games" and since we are going along the lines of television terminology, "Feature Length Games".

Thank you Tell-tale. Thank you for all that you have done.

I can't wait to see what you'll do for Walking Dead, Fables, and Kings Quest.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:00 AM   #44

Currently, I'm so immersed in L.A. Noire and with Batman: Arkham City next on my playlist, I completely forgot about this game. I must say I'm a bit underwhelmed by Back to the Future: The Game, so I'm curious how this one turned out.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 12-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #45

It was finally released on UK's PSN last week and I just started playing. I'm just ecstatic after finishing the first episode. The story is great and the pacing is perfect. It never lets go of your attention. It's only held back by its technical limitations, I wanna see a world where Telltale has a good graphics engine and fluid animations.
It has been far too long where I can't put down a game and when I have to, I can't stop thinking about it. This game format needs to be used more in the future.
From here on out every Telltale game is a day one purchase for me.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #46

So when is telltale getting the facial technology from LA Noire?

@Tamiil: Right? The next games coming out are Walking Dead, Fables, and Kings Quest! All so Effin huge~!

Old 12-25-2011, 03:09 AM   #47

Merry Christmas guys! It's nice to read that quite a few of you enjoyed Jurassic Park: The Game too. I gave the game a positive review on Alternative Magazine Online, but I think I was one of the few websites to do so. Here are a few Jurassic Park links that you may be interested in:

Jurassic Park: The Game (PC) Review - Alternative Magazine Online

Kevin Boyle Interview (Executive Producer, Jurassic Park: The Game)

Jared Emerson-Johnson Interview (Video Game Music Composer/Voice Actor)

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #48
Psychonaut

I finished the game and thought it was a large pile of Triceratops dung.