You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gemini Rue isn't easy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 04:56 AM   #1

Default Gemini Rue isn't easy

Gemini Rue isn’t an easy game for me, and I have it on the EASY mode. I was lucky enough to be one of the people who won a copy of this game from Adventure Gamers and I am having a lot of fun with it. So Thanks! But, before I started playing it I looked at the review by Evan Dickens. He said “All told, the game provides 7-8 hours of solid playtime, barely a minute of which is wasted time. I can quantify that with a great deal of certainty for a simple reason: Gemini Rue is a very, very easy game..”

He must be a younger person, because for a person like me that is almost 60 years old it is very hard, at least the shooting scenes. I start out trying to remember if it is A, or D to get to uncover mode, then after I figure that out I think… “crap I have to hit the space bar” too, and then I think, “crap I have to hit the control button.” By that time the bad guy is covered and I have to go through the whole thing in my head whether it is A or D and whoops! I forgot to hit control… wait… I have to wait to shoot until it gets to the green! Ahhh, now I am out of bullets. So, hit the R button to reload and then again I think A? D? Spacebar? Whoops, Control you silly idiot! Now wait until it hits green… it hits green… no bad guy in sight and I lose the “green factor” so, decide I better cover… A? D? to cover?

So, you see just all these thoughts I have to go through for each shooting scene and I have died already 50 times. And then after getting the bad guy finally and trying to reach the door he kills me again another 20 times and I have to start all over because I forgot to lock the door behind me! This isn’t an easy game for me, but the story is great and I look forward to probably having a week of fun with it, at least if I keep dying as often as I have been. So, no, this isn’t an easy game, but FUN!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:35 AM   #2
Filmfreak

The only suggestion I can give is to ignore the breath control and just shoot when the bad guy is out of cover.
It takes a couple of bullets more to kill him (so ammo could be a slight problem), but you'll get shot less and you won't have to wait until the bar is "in the green" (because they're rarely out of cover when that happens)...

Just hang in there at the tedious shooting sequences, and you'll be in for a great game!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:52 AM   #3

Props for hanging in there even if it gets really frustrating for you. It really was a good game.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #4

I don't know if I can finish it. I am on the second day of the shooting and now it is even more complicated! I can't seem to figure out how to shoot those targets. If you tell me that this is it for the shooting, I will try to keep going.. but, if the game is like this through the whole thing, I think I will have to quit. Those shooting scenes are just too hard for me. I wish they had a "pass" option.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
Chicken with a bite

I had the same problem when I played the game for a preview for this site, but so many people told me they thought it was very easy even on the most difficult setting, I thought it was either me being very clumsy or the developer had simplified the game since that preview version. Sorry to hear you find them just as frustrating... I can only say, do try and persevere as the game is absolutely worth finishing. If I remember correctly, there are five or six shooting scenes in total (not including the tutorial scenes where you can't really die). Maybe if you have a friend / nephew / neighbour who likes to play games you can ask them to do these scenes for you? Also, look at absolutely everything in the game. There are some well-hidden bullets to be found so you won't run out so easily.