You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Did Future Games go bankrupt or something?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #1

Default Did Future Games go bankrupt or something?

I was really looking forward to the sequel to Alter Ego and other new games from them. I haven't seem any news from this company since the release of the game and their website seems to be dead(it is now a general gaming blog or something):

http://www.future-games.cz/

If it is true it is a shame.. they developed the first Black Mirror game.

Also, a partially unrelated question: Anyone here knows if Cranberry Productions has another adventure game on the pipeline? Really loved their black mirror games.

cheers
Old 11-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #2

I don't know about Future Games, but Cranberry Productions has a new adventure game they've been working on called 'The Lost Chronicles of Zerzura'-due out in early 2012. Here's a link for more info-

http://www.gamershell.com/news_124830.html
Old 11-05-2011, 04:22 AM   #3

I'm not sure about Future games but I know Cranberry games are making another game to be released very soon. You can find more info here:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/gameinfo.php?id=2050
Old 11-05-2011, 06:12 AM   #4

Lost chronicles of zerzura sounds and looks awesome. Thanks, I had missed that announcement.

I hope someone knows about what is up with Future Games... I hate it when a good developer goes down, it is even worse when it does so unnanounced.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
cookie monster

Yes, I made some research and seems that Future Games is gone. It was closed down due financial problems in Sept 2011.

There is no inf in English. But google.translate helps to understand following links:
http://www.gamau.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1744&Ite mid=146
http://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Games
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Games_%28entreprise%29
Old 03-29-2012, 01:13 AM   #6
Schättenjager

Quote:
Following the success of the game The Black Mirror, a lot of players wanted a result of the game. The German publisher dtp entertainment has contacted Future Games to inquire about the development of a second opus, that future Games did not intend to achieve. Future Games felt that the plot was finished, and that there could be no result. In addition, the studio did not make the mistake of exploit excessively a scenario to success in achieving a result disappointing, with the simple aim of winning more money losses.12. However, dtp entertainment is income by the suite on this project, by suggesting that the scenario of a second flap is carried out by themselves (dtp entertainment), and that future Games has only to achieve the technical aspect. Future Games has accepted and has sold the rights to the game to dtp entertainment so that they could realize their project. However, when the German editor has finished the development of the scenario as expected, this is not Future Games which has been chosen to develop the game, but the studio Cranberry Production12 (chain of dtp Entertainment). Future Games so they do not have a link with the second game of their first video game.
Sad but true when this kind of developer goes out of business.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
Old timer - Adv. Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post

If it is true it is a shame.. they developed the first Black Mirror game.

cheers
Well, there's your problem!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #8
Senior Automaton

Well if Alter Ego is anything to go by, their disappearance won't be a huge loss. That game was incredibly abysmal. Black Mirror was great, though.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #9
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Well if Alter Ego is anything to go by, their disappearance won't be a huge loss. That game was incredibly abysmal. Black Mirror was great, though.
I have to disagree quite strongly. The ending was way too rushed and pretty unsatisfying but the overall game up to the fast forwarding point was actually quite excellent. The scenery, the two very different protagonists who weren't perfect but interesting characters and seeing the same scenery very differently from their views. The game had a lot of potential and with better financing it could have been rather brilliant.

And then there's the other issue of objectivity. I am not happy when an adventure game developer goes under, not even when their games weren't my cup of tea.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:26 AM   #10
Schättenjager

Big loss indeed with Black Mirror,Nibiru,Next Life and Alter Ego Future games delivered solid quality agaming(in spite of their downbeat endings) since mid 2ks.

Last edited by Gabe; 03-31-2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:34 AM   #11
3rd person fanatic :)

Oh, man Not another developer down...