You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Quiz: Are elephants afraid of mice?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2011, 04:53 AM   #41
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
and no one noticed how i did "fat" fonts for elephants and "skinny" for mice?
You've got to be kidding: after five weeks of exquisite torture at MM I hardly hold my eyes open . I wouldn't notice a full-size elephant painted in pink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Source: Eto vam na kraju par ekskluzivnih snimaka iz igre (obratite pažnju na odjavni ekran), a više o "Luu" kad završim s njim. Batalio sam (iz mesta) i posao, i ženu, i decu i staramajku . Odo da se igram.

Translation: There you ashore match exclusively photograph forth gaming ( converter attention over sign off screen ), and extra on Luu " if conclude with him. Quit alone ( forth broom ) plus affair , plus ženu , plus decu plus staramajku. Odo yes yourself game.

Name:  rofl.gif
Views: 68
Size:  9.6 KB
Those online translators are hilarious, I sometime use them for a few express laughs.

Besides, the original text is so freaky and full of rarely used words (I express myself in a way many native Serbian-speakers find hard to understand ) that the non-human translator doesn't have a chance.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:02 AM   #42
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
Besides, the original text is so freaky and full of rarely used words (I express myself in a way many native Serbian-speakers find hard to understand ) that the non-human translator doesn't have a chance.
Well, I tried a different one and the translation is getting better. Even in Dutch.

Here comes the end of a few exclusive shots from the game (note the sign-screen), and more about "Luu" when I'm finished with it. I Batalio (the place) and work, and his wife, children and grandmothers. Odo to play.

Odo is still a bit of a problem though. Maybe you or diego can shed some light on it? (Or SweetD is she's still around, I haven't seen her in ages.) Personally, I like "odo yes yourself game" much better than the non-descript "odo to play".

PS: I'll venture a more or less educated guess. Does it mean something like "back to playing" ?

Last edited by Fien; 10-31-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:31 AM   #43
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Well, I tried a different one and the translation is getting better. Even in Dutch.
Yes, that one is better.

Quote:
Odo is still a bit of a problem though. Maybe you or diego can shed some light on it?
PS: I'll venture a more or less educated guess. Does it mean something like "back to playing" ?
'Odo' is short for 'odoh' (which is a first person aorist - a kind of past tense which translates as present - of 'to go'), so "Odo da se igram" means "I go to play (the game)".
Old 10-31-2011, 07:36 AM   #44
Senior *female* member

Quote:
'Odo' is short for 'odoh' (which is a first person aorist - a kind of past tense which translates as present - of 'to go'), so "Odo da se igram" means "I go to play (the game)".
Which translates as "back to playing"...
I'm gooooood.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:45 AM   #45
an angel of romance

Quote:
Hey, you didn't tell her who Плајвазó is! Attachment 2899
Off Topic
Spoiler:
Oh Плајвазó is just some idiot who writes the stupidest comments ever Name:  a_whistling.gif
Views: 61
Size:  1.0 KB Name:  a_bleh.gif
Views: 63
Size:  1.1 KB

Quote:
Zobraks, I just tried one of these web translator thingies, so I could read your posts about Fat Lou at that other forum. And what do you know... it translates abracadabra into abracadabra...

Source: Eto vam na kraju par ekskluzivnih snimaka iz igre (obratite pažnju na odjavni ekran), a više o "Luu" kad završim s njim. Batalio sam (iz mesta) i posao, i ženu, i decu i staramajku . Odo da se igram.

Translation: There you ashore match exclusively photograph forth gaming ( converter attention over sign off screen ), and extra on Luu " if conclude with him. Quit alone ( forth broom ) plus affair , plus ženu , plus decu plus staramajku. Odo yes yourself game.

Name:  facepalm.gif
Views: 60
Size:  898 Bytes Name:  rofl.gif
Views: 62
Size:  9.6 KB

Quote:

Here comes the end of a few exclusive shots from the game (note the sign-screen), and more about "Luu" when I'm finished with it. I Batalio (the place) and work, and his wife, children and grandmothers. Odo to play.

Odo is still a bit of a problem though. Maybe you or diego can shed some light on it? (Or SweetD is she's still around, I haven't seen her in ages.) Personally, I like "odo yes yourself game" much better than the non-descript "odo to play".

Here is the real translation Fien.
"At the end here are a couple of exclusive photos from the game (pay attention to the closing credits), more about the "Lu" after I'm done with him. I got rid of my job, my wife, my kids and my poor old mother. Back to playing now"
I'm glad to be of help

Also I'm glad to see you're back Fien. Name:  aplauz.gif
Views: 62
Size:  2.2 KB I've been away for some time myself, sorry I've missed your quiz, (and kate me's also)
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Currently playing: Minecraft, Hollywood Monsters

Recently finished: Discworld Noir playthrough
Old 10-31-2011, 07:53 AM   #46
Senior *female* member

Aha! Thanks, SweetD, everything is crystal clear now. When you want to get to the bottom of things, you need another woman to help you out.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:58 AM   #47
an angel of romance

What a great quiz, diego. Name:  aplauz.gif
Size:  2.2 KB Name:  bravo.gif
Size:  5.8 KB Too bad I missed the first round ( if it only wasn't for the 2 guesses per round rule )

Also I can't believe you forgot this littl' rat ( oh yes you have to guess it , but I'm pretty sure you know where it's from )
Name:  Copy of rat ghosts.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  7.3 KB

Also while we're talking about mice and elephants be sure to watch the movie Elephant, which has nothing to do with elephants , but it's still great
And absolutely read the novel Of Mice and Men, I read it in english, not my native language (bosnian), and it was great. Also watch the movie made from that Novel
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Currently playing: Minecraft, Hollywood Monsters

Recently finished: Discworld Noir playthrough