You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Metal Dead - an indie adventure game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #1

Default Metal Dead - an indie adventure game

Walk Thru Walls Studios presents

TRAILER

http://www.walkthruwalls.com

FACEBOOK

Hey there, we're a two-man fledgling indie studio from Australia and this is our first game. We already posted this months ago on the Adventure Game Studio forum, and we wanted to share it with the community here.

Metal Dead is the first in a planned series of comedic, heavy metal influenced, apocalyptic point'n'click adventure games packed with everyone's favorite undead creatures, zombies!

This twisted tale centers on two metal-heads in the midst of a zombie invasion. After crashing their car in front of a medical research facility, they become trapped and are forced to use their wits to puzzle their way to freedom. Along the way, they must deal with a cast of characters who range from mildly deranged to completely insane.

Last edited by WalkThruWalls; 09-21-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #2

Really loving the art style!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:59 AM   #3
Freeware Co-ordinator

Definitely looks like it has potential. Presumably, having posted on teh AGS forums, you are using AGS to make the game? (I'd check your AGS thread but there appears to be a problem with the forums there at the moment) Where do you reckon you're up to on development at the moment?
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 09-24-2011, 02:44 AM   #4
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

The trailer says the game is coming in October, so I think it's already in the beta-testing phase.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:41 AM   #5
3rd person fanatic :)

<irony> There's just not enough blood. Couldn't you put anymore blood into it? </irony> Seriously. Everyone's favourites undead creatures? Give me a break, will you! I for one, utterly hate zombies. They are just uninteresting, gross and unlikable. Therefore I will definitely never play this.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:22 AM   #6

TBH the range of undead monsters IS pretty limited.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
Definitely looks like it has potential. Presumably, having posted on teh AGS forums, you are using AGS to make the game? (I'd check your AGS thread but there appears to be a problem with the forums there at the moment) Where do you reckon you're up to on development at the moment?
Yep, we used AGS. The game is essentially finished, with just a little polish left to go. We've been working on it for about a year and a half, so it's about time we get it out there! It's been a labor of love. As Ascovel mentioned, it should be available in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBird View Post
<irony> There's just not enough blood. Couldn't you put anymore blood into it? </irony> Seriously. Everyone's favourites undead creatures? Give me a break, will you! I for one, utterly hate zombies. They are just uninteresting, gross and unlikable. Therefore I will definitely never play this.
We honestly think there can never be enough blood. Also, I have a friend who's a zombie and he took offense to this post.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:16 AM   #8

Metal Dead is now available on Desura and Indievania for $4.99.

http://www.desura.com/games/metal-dead

http://www.indievania.com/games/metal-dead
Old 01-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #9

This game is quite short, but it's also very good. I haven't been this glued to a point and click adventure game since Gemini Rue. I really hope you guys do more stuff in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBird View Post
That's very rude of you to say. I hope that rant was cathartic at least.

Last edited by PointyClickyPerson; 01-30-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointyClickyPerson View Post
This game is quite short, but it's also very good. I haven't been this glued to a point and click adventure game since Gemini Rue. I really hope you guys do more stuff in the near future.
Thanks so much for the support! Glad you enjoyed it.