You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure DOTT on Toshiba tablet!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813
Default DOTT on Toshiba tablet!!!

I was playing around with my Toshiba Thrive tablet and found out that you can play Day of the Tentacle (and presumably other DOS adventure games)!

1) From your tablet browser, download ScummVM for Android at the ScummVM website.
2) From the android marketplace, search for ScummVM and download the plugin for the specific game you want to play.
3) Transfer the game's files from your computer to your tablet (with the Toshiba Thrive you can use a USB flash drive).
4) Open ScummVM on your tablet and select the game!

The controls are a little wonky (you have to drag the cursor around with your finger; it is not true point and click). Also, instead of right-clicking to "look", you have to long-click on the cursor. But overall the game runs well. I have not yet tried other LucasArts games, but I imagine they would work just fine.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:13 AM   #2
Lovable rogue

That looks pretty funky.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena