You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Lost Chronicles of Zerzura

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2011, 05:42 AM   #1

Default The Lost Chronicles of Zerzura

More info - http://www.adventuregamers.com/newsitem.php?id=2293

Gallery - http://www.adventuregamers.com/gallery.php?id=2050

What is everyone thinking of this game? I'm looking forward to it for several reasons. First of all, there's a significant lack of historical games since Kheops left the scene, and the setting of late middle ages sounds intruiging. Also, i thought Black Mirror 2 even with some story and design problems was quite a solid game, though i haven't played the third part yet. But if they can improve on some aspects, like they did after their first game - Mata Hari, then this could turn out to be really interesting.

Last edited by diego; 08-24-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:54 AM   #2
Replicant

The graphics are beautiful. The storyline looks fresh and something new. Will watch developments on this game with interest.

I actually liked Mata Hari and thought Black Mirror II was better than the original (not played III yet, waiting for a price drop in the UK).
Old 08-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
MovieStar Adventurer!

Wow looks amazing I'll check this soon. I love the graphics and scenery.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:14 AM   #4

Some more screens:

The game will take player from Barcelona through Malta, Egypt and Libya.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #5

First trailer

Can't say i'm all that delighted about the "comic-like" cutscenes trend instead of full animations, but backgrounds do seem nice.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #6

Looks wonderful! Thanks diego
Old 01-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Can't say i'm all that delighted about the "comic-like" cutscenes trend instead of full animations, but backgrounds do seem nice.
Yup, it's the Grey Matter effect. But anyway, I liked Black Mirror 2 & 3 a lot, so I have no reason not to look forward to this new Cranberry Production game.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
3rd person fanatic :)

Anything from Cranberry must be fabulous!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeframCochrane View Post
Yup, it's the Gray Matter effect.
I hear you, although it featured even earlier, with the likes of Return to Mysterious Island:

Of course, it's not really a deal breaking thing and then there are budget restrictions, but it's just that i'm personally more attached to traditional cutscenes. In that sense, i'd welcome even slightly "amateurish" fully-animated videos rather than a series of still shots. But it's not that i'm saying that it can't work and look nice, too.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #10

Looks like a very interesting and well made game. A pitty that it will be the last Adventure game of Cranberry Productions.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
UnseenUniversity Graduate

I hadn't heard of it, but I liked Mata Hari so I'll keep my eye on this one.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
I hear you, although it featured even earlier, with the likes of Return to Mysterious Island:

Of course, it's not really a deal breaking thing and then there are budget restrictions, but it's just that i'm personally more attached to traditional cutscenes. In that sense, i'd welcome even slightly "amateurish" fully-animated videos rather than a series of still shots. But it's not that i'm saying that it can't work and look nice, too.
The effect is old and has been use in many other games much older than this. Its not a Gray Matter creation, it just is and the developers wanted to use it. -_- Stop complaining.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 01-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsampikos View Post
Looks like a very interesting and well made game. A pitty that it will be the last Adventure game of Cranberry Productions.
What? How? Why?

Tell me that this is a joke, or even just a rumour? Why is it, that all the great things always last so little while!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #14
Schattenjäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBird View Post
Tell me that this is a joke, or even just a rumour?
It's true! During the last week (or maybe the week before) a represantative of dtp made a statement on the message board of Adventure-Treff and said that the studio in Hannover will be closed and that the Cranberry team will move to Hamburg (which is where dtp is located) and will work on online games in the future. So this pretty much means the end of Cranberry as a developer of adventure games.
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 01-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackVanian View Post
It's true! During the last week (or maybe the week before) a represantative of dtp made a statement on the message board of Adventure-Treff and said that the studio in Hannover will be closed and that the Cranberry team will move to Hamburg (which is where dtp is located) and will work on online games in the future. So this pretty much means the end of Cranberry as a developer of adventure games.
Thank you very much for letting me know. This is catastrophic news And one more reason to hate online games!

(as if there wouldn't have been too many already! ...I mean... they have taken my little broher's life. He's tied to one game, in which he has to compelete some quest every two freaking hours! He's life's goal has changed to getting 100 level-character in that game, nothing else intrests anymore. He has stopped going to school, probably because he fears that it's going to disturb the leveling. These kind of games destroy the life or at least social life of people!)

Last edited by MoonBird; 01-14-2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: addition
Old 01-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #16

It's not a historical themed grand adventure without the balloon ride:

According to the news, the game has reached the "gold" status and German version is expected on February 3.

Last edited by diego; 01-20-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #17

The rope patter looks real bad on that balloon...actually the lighting looks pretty bad, especially the obvious photograph used for the shoreline.

Other than that, the game looks great.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 01-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #18

Glad to see the game scored 90 at ATreff. If first reviews are anything of a telltale, the first half of year is quite good with games like Deponia and this one, even though one should always be cautious before the actual English release.

The critics praised the story and the characters (apart from their animation), but puzzle design as well which is a nice thing to hear since i thought Black Mirror 2 could be better in this segment. The other flaw mentioned is not-so brilliant cutscenes.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:21 AM   #19
cookie monster

JackVanian or tsampikos, can you please share the link to message board of Adventure-Treff where dtp made a statement about Cranberry. I don't speak German and can't find it.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:21 AM   #20
Schattenjäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewuz View Post
JackVanian or tsampikos, can you please share the link to message board of Adventure-Treff where dtp made a statement about Cranberry. I don't speak German and can't find it.
Sure, here is the link. You just need to scroll down and look for a message from "dtppresse" (which means dtp PR department). The statement is in German though. http://www.adventure-treff.de/forum/...18448&start=30

We also posted a news about it on Adventure-Treff:
http://www.adventure-treff.de/kommentar.php?newsid=5639
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...