You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New trailer and website for book of unwritten tales 2, not the first game but a new

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
Banned User

Default New trailer and website for book of unwritten tales 2, not the first game but a new

The new game is called: The Book of Unwritten Tales - Die Vieh Chroniken
Or in english: The Book of Unwritten Tales - The Chronicles cattle

This is the official website of the new game http://www.vieh-chroniken.de/

This is a new trailer/teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3BoqoH5HA4

In the trailer near the end i saw in german it says release date autumn 2011 so it shouldnt be far. Couldnt find yet anything about english release date.
We are still waiting for the first game to be released in english and a new game maybe a prequel is about to be release soon in german.

The screenshots are looking great. I hope this time it will be in english sooner then the first game

This is not the first game ! i finished the first game and this one is a new one ! cant wait for this one.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
Banned User

Default New 7 minutes gameplay from the new book of unwritten tales DIe Vieh Chroniken game

Just saw it now. Wow the first game was one if not the best adventure game i ever played ! So this one...cant wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ba52ok9J4

And again its a new game ! We are waiting for the first game to be out in english while the new game is coming out very soon !
Old 08-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
Hopeful skeptic

Those trailers are all in German, so not much use to most of us.

The game is called The Critter Chronicles in English, and we saw it at gamescom. We'll be previewing it in the coming weeks.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #4

I asked them if there will be an english release of the game. Their answer was "if Book of Unwritten tales 1 has commercial success, then yes". And I told them "believe me it will have". So it depends on their profit of the first game.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #5

Here are some highlights I could gather from the gameplay footage posted above:

-It's a prequel to the first one concerning the characters Nate and the "Critter" and how they met each other.

-There are 5 chapters. In the first one you play Nate, in the 2nd one you play the "Critter" and in chapters 3,4,5 they work together and you can switch back and forth between them.

-You don't have to have played the first game in order to understand the second one.

-The game has a hotspot function which can be turned on or off in the menu.

-There are a couple of locations from the first game (which have been altered though).

-A large part of the game plays in the "Northlands" which have a lot of snow and ice and is the homeland of the "critters".