You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Count of Monte Cristo: reviewers wanted!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011, 03:32 AM   #1
I turn novels into games

Default The Count of Monte Cristo: reviewers wanted!

The Count of Monte Cristo will be released at the end of this week, just as soon as I get the demo version made and do other housekeeping stuff. If you want a pre-release copy right now, for free, all you have to do is promise to review it on your blog, or write an official Adventure Gamers review, or review it on on any site that reviews stuff - not just sites for games, as this is aimed at anyone who likes stories.

It won't take too long to play, as it's stuffed with hints and help if you want it. And it contains a lot of improvements over previous games, so who knows, you might even enjoy it. Go on, you know you want to. Just PM me.

What's new compared with my earlier games:

* better early feedback from testers - I'm finally getting there.
* More polish: The Count of Monte Cristo has been tested and re-tested more than the other games, with more improvements added as a result of previous game reviews.
* More natural: The game now focuses on just on one character, meaning dialog is more natural and less generic.
* More detail: The full text of the original novel is now available in the game - visit the in-game library, or press B to read the book.
* Easier controls: just click. That's it! Simples.
* More natural movement: In early games, only one or two characters had full movement. With The Count of Monte Cristo, there are now fifty different fully mobile sprites. Also, walking code has been rewritten and improved.
* Lots of other improvements: no jumping around for clues, more favorite locations, more classical music, more access to that music, better space bar behavior, better books in the library, more relevant clues, the list goes on!
* A faster story. Early reviewers complained that the game felt too slow. Well not any more.

Don't worry, I don't expect a finished review by the end of the week. I know that reviews can take months. But the goal of this project is to adapt a new classic novel every few months, so I'm itching to release Mont Cristo and get working on The Picture of Dorian Gray.

PM me if you need a review copy.
Thanks for reading!

PS, and I also upgraded the web site - I hope you like it.