You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Making of Broken Sword 3

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
The Quiet One

Default Making of Broken Sword 3

Thanks to Dangrim1, over at the Revolution forums, he's managed to upload a 10 minute 'making of' video for Broken Sword 3. This video is rare as it came on a limited complementary disc that was given out in York's GAME, by the developers, when the game first came out.

Here it is. Enjoy!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-30-2011, 06:03 AM   #2

I've been looking for this, and yes, couldn't find it anywhere.Only requests of a bunches of peoples on different forums.
Only 10 minutes?!?!That was short...
Do you think they'll post the rest?
Need the rest and more details: locations, research, graphics, backgrounds,bla, bla, bla...
I know someone had a contest and the prize was The making of.... I'll ask my lazy brain why I didn't enter it later...
Old 07-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
The Quiet One

Yeah... I coulda sworn it was supposed to be about 20-30 minutes. I'm not sure if there's anymore for him to upload though. Ten minutes certainly isn't enough.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-31-2011, 10:02 PM   #4

Thanks! Nice video, although a bit too short. I was also expecting to see more, especially about the locations.

Personally, I'm a die-hard "Broken Sword" fan, but as the most of the old-school fans, I was rather dissapointed when the game was moved to 3D. Still, I think there is plenty to love about "The Sleeping Dragon". Certainly more then about "The Angel of Death" (IMO).
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 08-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #5

I'm not gonna start a 2d/3d discussion again (2d forever!!!!, nah just ignore me), but I gradually grew fond of the third game, and I do like it.
As for the forth I consider it kind of annoying and personally I can't stand Anna Maria.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #6
in search of the kyragem

Rather short but interesting movie.
Especially since I'm currently playing this game (for the first time).
So far I really enjoyed the game (story, graphics, atmosphere), I just hope the puzzles get a little more challenging.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #7

Dangrim1 (the uploader) said back in Nov last year that it is only 10 mins long - http://www.revolution.co.uk/_forum.p...&open=1&page=0

It's a nice video though, even if it is really short. The talk of camera angles is gonna to stick with me, I reckon. Yeah, I'll be thinking a lot more about developers use of camera angles when playing their games.

Yeah, kate me. The competition was on the brokenswordplanet site - I posted saying that I'm going to enter and everything but ended up not having time.

"He's the small boy that you have to give the ball to in order to retrieve the toilet brush from the kebab seller."

stepurhan -

"Only in an adventure gaming forum would you see a sentence like this. "
Old 08-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Dan_91_07 View Post
Dangrim1 (the uploader) said back in Nov last year that it is only 10 mins long - http://www.revolution.co.uk/_forum.p...&open=1&page=0
So he did...