You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Level-5 opens US office, asks about untranslated games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

Default Level-5 opens US office, asks about untranslated games

Level-5, makers of the Layton games among other things, have opened a US office and accompanying Facebook page recently. And now they're running a poll about which unreleased (ie unlocalized) game the fans are most excited about.
While they're not committing to anything just yet (they do say "Your enthusiasm and comments go a long way though! "), this could be good news if, like me, you really want to see Layton vs Ace Attorney dubbed. Especially since the poll closes soon and it looks to be winning.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #2

I do enjoy these games - Prof. Layton is a fave of mine. I want the 4th game in the US now!

Old 07-29-2011, 02:07 AM   #3
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

Well the poll is over and Layton vs AA was overwhelmingly favored, with only one other contender (out of 10 total) coming close. They're still not confirming a dub just yet, but it seems as likely as ever now.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #4

Level-5 is a really promising developer who I hope stands out more this decade. Although I'd kill for the localisation of the Wright vs. Layton game there's a few promising titles coming from Level 5 including an RPG they're doing with Studio Ghibli. Check out the footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68bYWUOEXs8