You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure List of the games we played

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 12:37 AM   #1

Default List of the games we played

Hi guys,
So this is my first thread. It's more like a suggestion to the site developers.

I think it would be more fun if each member has a list of the games that he/she played in order to compete with the others.

I will try to give a number of the adventure games i have played myself.

Waiting for your respond and for the other members number of games.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:53 AM   #2
Senior *female* member

Not counting free amateur games, non-adventures, casual games? 271-and-a-half. No, I didn't keep track. Hundreds anyway.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:55 AM   #3
Grue Master

I keep running lists of games played and for each year. To date I have played 408 adventure games
Old 07-27-2011, 06:54 AM   #4
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFuss View Post
I keep running lists of games played and for each year. To date I have played 408 adventure games
Played and actually finished?
Oh Greyfuss! You're worse than I am.

What's the worst adventure you've ever played? Mine is The Morlov Affair. Just thinking about it makes me want to lie down.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #5

http://adventuregamers.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20618
Old 07-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Senior Automaton

I think the list of games I've played and haven't finished will be longer than the list of games I've finished
Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #7

Now, how in the name of wizards, detectives, avarage Joe, long lost knights, mythical beings, ghosts, temple guardians, fire breathing dragons, all kind of jungle and forest creatures, magical beings, a lot of unmentioned creatures and a few cliches, should I know that?!?!?!?!
Nah, I just don't keep track of them!
I only keep track of what I would like to buy.
It would be nice to make a list with the games I played, but if I start making a list now, I would probably forget to add about a quarter of them!

At least I know I haven't finished only 4 adventure games. I didn't finish Sinking island, Beyond good and evil, QFG4(don't pan me for that I had trouble with dosbox!) and 80 days.

Oh, welcome to the forums!

Last edited by kate me; 07-27-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate me View Post
Nah, I just don't keep track of them!
I don't either any more.
Quote:
Oh, welcome to the forums!
Indeed! Welcome to the forums!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
Schattenjäger

i tried making such a list of completed adventures once, and i got totally tired of it after around 80 or so. After a certain point theres no pride in admitting to having played games like freddi fish
Old 07-28-2011, 04:15 AM   #10

Well, thanx all for replying.

now that i see the number of games you guys played i am feeling a bit ashamed of myself.
I played 33 games and finished them.

but hey, thanx anyway, you guys gave me a good motivation to start playing like crazy and leave my life a bit.

by the way GreyFuss, how old are you ?? you should be like 145 years old to have finished that much of games.

enjoy your games.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:16 AM   #11
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Jacob View Post
by the way GreyFuss, how old are you ?? you should be like 145 years old to have finished that much of games.:devil
Someone made a rough calculation of the time needed for playing those 408 adventures at another forum.
Read on.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:18 AM   #12
Grue Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Played and actually finished?
Oh Greyfuss! You're worse than I am.

What's the worst adventure you've ever played? Mine is The Morlov Affair. Just thinking about it makes me want to lie down.

I guess I should clarify this a little: I have played 408 adventure games however of those 408 games I didn't quite finish 167 of them for one reason or another. Some just didn't hold my attention or I didn't like the interface. Some were buggy and a few I couldn't finish because of a glitch. Several I stopped playing because I didn't care for the ending i.e. Outcry (music puzzle) Still Life 2 (timed puzzles). Yes I keep a list of games I didn't finish too because I do go back and give some of them another try.

I must also say that on my list of 408 games played there are none of the Sam & Max, Monkey Island or Leisure Larry and no Lucas Arts except for The Dig. And in answer to a few questions, I have been playing since 1994 and the worst game for me was Forever Worlds.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:21 AM   #13
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Jacob View Post
by the way GreyFuss, how old are you ?? you should be like 145 years old to have finished that much of games.
I visited his site. He has finished 271 adventures out of those 408. He played some 25 games last year, so going on the assumption he does that every year (perfectly doable) 271 games would take him only 11 years. He could still be quite young. In fact, as young as his pic shows him to be.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #14

Do we count every episode in an episodic series as a separate game? I would say yes.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #15
Easily amused

I've kept track of all the games I've played and I started gaming in 2000.
167 games finished. Of those, 135 were 1st person games.
The worst adventure I played and finished was The Ward.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:30 AM   #16
I changed my title

Not including freeware games, unfinished games, games I've only watched playthroughs of, ignoring hybrids and casuals, and counting episodic games as one game, I've played 78 adventure games.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #17

I actually sat down and made a list (you know, summer holidays and all) and was a little disappointed with my 132 finished adventure games in a bit less than 11 years. Feels like many more, although I might have missed one or two. I seem to rank somewhere in the middle among those who have posted in this thread. (I counted Telltale's episodic seasons as one single game, by the way.)

It was a bit difficult to decide which games to count; I mean, does Samorost 2 count? It's a commercial game, but it's very short and it feels weird not to include the first game in the series even though it's free to play. Also, I've played several formerly commercial games that have been released as freeware recently (Teen Agent, Beneath a Steel Sky, Flight of the Amazon Queen) and I took the liberty to include them in the list.

Also: GreyFuss, that number is impressive. Do you know how many you finished without help from the Internet? I probably don't want to know how few games I've completed without peeking at a walkthrough once or twice.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #18
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Ooh, let me count.... 1,2,3, many, lots... Uh, lots? I figure at least 100... it'd hurt my brain to make a list me thinks...
Old 07-30-2011, 05:16 AM   #19

latest update... 34 games
I just finished ( A new beginning ) i should give it 7/10, it was a nice game.
looking forward to playing a new game. any suggestions?
Old 07-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #20

To OP, no offence, but isn't it a bit silly and naive to ask such a question on a forum like this? This clearly isn't a place where a casual gamers that had played "Mario" here and there hangs out. We're talking about people some of whom were into games since ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 days (possibly even before). So, I'm guessing that for many members, it would be a real chore to give you an "exact" number of the games they've played.

Personally, I'm notoriously picky when it comes to the adventures and even more the games outside the genre. Like in music, movies and books, I've developed a particular taste and have rather narrow circle of topics that interest me, so this is a crucial factor when I'm choosing a new game to play.

All in all, I've started playing PC games in high school in the late 90's. Since then, I'm guessing that I've played about 100 different titles in the genre. Outside the genre, things are more simpler: there is about dozen of game series that I follow through the years (Hitman and Tomb Raider, for instance), plus a few other titles that I've played based on great reviews I've read.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III