Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Giveaway: Starship Titanic (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/29383-giveaway-starship-titanic.html)

Fien 07-24-2011 03:44 AM

Giveaway: Starship Titanic

I recently treated myself to a boxed Starship Titanic, complete with everything, because I liked the game a lot, and now I don't need my unboxed version anymore.

Three CDs in jewel case, in excellent condition. And the small manual, which is unfortunately in Dutch. The game is in English. This is one of the few adventures where the manual does come in handy, but I'm sure there's an English manual available somewhere on the Internet.

Anyone interested? It's free! :) I guess there won't be many takers, so I won't do the Lady Luck thing this time. First come, first served.

Luna Sevithiainen 07-24-2011 04:44 AM

Well, I'd be interested.... :)
(And I would even be able to understand the Dutch manual!)

Fien 07-24-2011 06:15 AM

You got it! :) Please send me your snail mail address by PM.

Matt Berkeley 07-24-2011 08:03 PM

Yes. Very nice of you. One of, if not the, truly funniest and involving games ever; and it doesn't falter in any other aspects.

Hugely underrated, misunderstood or something...

Monolith 07-24-2011 08:10 PM

well its so great mainly because it comes from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. :)

Matt Berkeley 07-24-2011 08:25 PM

I don't disagree but I would say having Terry Jones involved is the plusplus here.

Fien 07-25-2011 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Berkeley (Post 586529)
Hugely underrated, misunderstood or something...

Great, funny game. I read that many people hated the parrot. Or the robots. Or both. Well, I didn't and the voiceacting was very good. But unfortunately some of the puzzles were too hard for me.

Fantasysci5 07-25-2011 09:48 AM

I saw you posted something about this game awhile ago, Fien, so I'm going to try and pick it up someday. :)

Lady Kestrel 07-25-2011 12:18 PM

A boxed copy, Fien? I'm jealous! I cut my first gaming teeth on Starship Titanic and loved every minute of it. Yes, the parrot drove me crazy, but he and those wacky bots were so funny. I also loved John Cleese as the bomb.

Trunkyo 07-25-2011 04:32 PM

This is one of my favourite games. I've also read the book on which the game is loosely based, its plot is just as wacky as the game's. :D Terry Jones, who provided the voice of the maddening parrot also wrote the book (Douglas Adams was too busy working on the game at the time!), so he is the probably the only person who can claim "Book and Parrot" credits!

tsa 07-25-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Kestrel (Post 586584)
A boxed copy, Fien? I'm jealous! I cut my first gaming teeth on Starship Titanic and loved every minute of it. Yes, the parrot drove me crazy, but he and those wacky bots were so funny. I also loved John Cleese as the bomb.

I have a boxed copy for you if you want Lady Kestrel. I'd rather trade it than give it away, but if you don't have anything I like you can have it too. It's probably the same box as Fien has, so the box and manual are in Dutch. There is even a pair of 3D glasses in the box.

Lady Kestrel 07-26-2011 01:01 PM

Thanks for the offer, tsa, but I would need the Mac version. I bought mine new in 1999, and it may have had a box originally. I do have the in-game flight magazine and the strategy guide, so not knowing any better, I may have thrown the box away.

I got a big kick out of the book, too, Trunkyo. It wasn't exactly what I expected, but it did make me laugh.

Fien 07-26-2011 03:11 PM

No, I now have the English boxed Starship Titanic, tsa. Whenever I buy the boxed version because I'm in love with a particular game, I get the original version.

Trunkyo, I didn't know ST is one of your favorites. Haven't seen it much in your quizzes...

Josho 07-26-2011 03:26 PM

Wait, did you say "first come, first served" or "twelfth come, first served"? If it was the latter, I claim my prize!

Fien 07-26-2011 03:35 PM

Hehehe...