You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The lack of mature adventure games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Berkeley View Post
Wow. "Less silly" huh? And only 6-7 iterations in? "Less" silly.

It's laughable shit. It was laughable shit. And it continues to be laughable shit.

It is absolutely NOT mature. That notion in itself is some laughable shit. It actually is.
Thank you for lifting the discussion to such a high level!

Anyway, this topic is an evergreen. I'm sure 5 years on many people might still agree to this, as might've people 5 years past.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
sadly Red Dead hasn't made it's way onto PC yet and Rockstar didn't reply to my request for a port or that they send me a console
at least LA Noire's coming to PC though so they haven't completely forgotten us
lol poor you. I loved the game. Don't let not having a console(s) prevent you from enjoying games. The difference is like watching a silver screen film and an indie or straight to dvd film.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 08-14-2011, 04:08 AM   #23

JackVanian, we all have favorite games that really spoke to us when we were little - or teens. I think you're seriously overrating this stuff, and offending hardworking developers at the same time.

Age means experience, but it also clogs up the arteries and makes it harder to enjoy new things without preconceived notions or expectations. Stop pining for your lost youth, get off the high horse and take a vacation. Or else you could get together with kgingreen, who more or less feels like you. And is equally inspiring to read.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:41 AM   #24

GTA IV went in the direction that Mafia, and is much closer to Red Dead Redemption in terms of seriousness than the older GTA games (that is, everything up to the last gen games). Some say that's why GTA IV isn't as loved as the GTA 3 series of games (3, Vice City and San Andreas), because the great stuff was stripped away, like the extreme sarcasm and parody, which is toned way down in GTA IV). Saint's Row, however, have stepped up to the plate and continued where GTA San Andreas left off, and they've only become better and better. Really looking forward to Saint's Row the Third.

However, I quite like the mature nature of the GTAIV series, but not as much as I love the Mafia games, and Red Dead Redemption is probably going to end up being perhaps my number one game experience this gen. Absolutely brilliant game.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #25
Writer-Designer

I seem to be moving in the opposite direction to mature:

http://www.starsweetandhoneyheart.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/Star2Honey