You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Book of Unwritten Tales (really) coming this fall

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTheysen View Post
Hi! The Book of Unwritten Tales has been released and can be purchased at www.unwritten-tales.com!

We hope you'll enjoy the game. If you do, please tell others about the game and help us making it a success!

Greetings from Germany,

Your KING Art Team
Boxed version is available from DVD.co.uk for £15.99 (including free delivery):

http://www.dvd.co.uk/buy/catzzz42073...n-tales-pc.htm

However, presumably more money goes direct to the developers if you pay on your website?
Old 10-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #82
Schättenjager

I think this is the most beatiful ag since Myst IV: Revelation.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #83

Is it another game that has no subtitles for cutscenes? T'was a nightmare understanding what the Gremlin says in the very beginning...
Old 10-31-2011, 12:20 PM   #84

Hey guys, my website Alternative Magazine Online is running a competition for UK residents to win The Book of Unwritten Tales:

http://alternativemagazineonline.co.uk/2011/10/28/amo-competition-win-the-book-of-unwritten-tales-pc/
Old 11-01-2011, 01:29 AM   #85
Senior Automaton

I'm impressed with this game. It's far too easy, but it has a sense of quality by which you can tell that a lot of work went into it.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:23 AM   #86

I'm already in chapter 4, i gotta say i was really disappointed by the lack of a proper (or any) cutscene between the end of chapter 2 and the beginning of chapter 3. it's like one minute it's "okay, let's take off", then a loading screen, next thing they are on top of some temple and trying to fix the flying machine or whatever? It's these kind of cutting corners that really bugs me in adventure games in the last decade or so and it feels like i really wasted my time on chapter 2 and got nothing in return (I see cinematic cutscenes in adventure games as a sort of 'reward' for a job well done). hell, i would've even settled for a scrolling text explaining what happened between chapters, but no, we got nothing.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbday630 View Post
Aimless, me too. I really want the boxed version. Between all the games I have bought at Steam, Direct Drive, Telltale, Big Fish, and a bunch more sites that i can't remember, I have a hard time remembering where I get the game if I want to install it on a new computer. Also, I am having trouble with Steam right now, and they haven't written me back, about a technical problem. So, I am not real Steam happy right now. Also, I am running out of room on my disk for more games, but ifi I have the disk in my cupboard, I feel free to delete it to make more room for other games, whereas if I download a game I am so scared to delete it, again, trying to remember where I bought it etc. Give me the disk any day!
I'm with you all the way there - I always prefer to have the actual physical media, rather than rely on a digital download.

Speaking of which (and bearing in mind that I'm in the UK) I see that the game is £19.99 for a digital download from the publisher's site, yet I can buy the physical version from Amazon for just over £15 ........ I know where I'll be buying my copy.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #88
Senior Automaton

Is it just me or is the merchant's voice in Chapter 4 different from Chapter 2? When he's in Seastone he definitely sounds different from when he's in the orc camp. I think it's another guy doing it.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:08 AM   #89
man of low moral fiber

I'm loving this game, we need to show a lot of love to people who make interesting wonderful games like these, cause the gaming press will not...
(already out a week and only 8 critic reviews in metacritic)
Old 11-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balderduck View Post
I'm loving this game, we need to show a lot of love to people who make interesting wonderful games like these, cause the gaming press will not...
(already out a week and only 8 critic reviews in metacritic)
Glad you like it!

And yes, we can use all of your help to spread the word. Every metacritic or Amazon review helps, every forum post and anything else that helps us to convince game journalists BoUT is worth a look (or two)!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #91
lost in rubacava

JTheysen,

I'm playing it now and the game is wonderful. The graphics are beautiful; the characters are engaging (even the NPCs), the voice acting is first-rate; it's funny - laugh-out-loud funny sometimes - and since I love inventory puzzles I'm thrilled that I've run into only one kinda/sorta mini-game so far that's seriously tested my lack of coordination. Right now, the only thing I don't like about The Book of Unwritten Tales is that it's going to end. It's a keeper.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimless View Post
JTheysen,

I'm playing it now and the game is wonderful. The graphics are beautiful; the characters are engaging (even the NPCs), the voice acting is first-rate; it's funny - laugh-out-loud funny sometimes - and since I love inventory puzzles I'm thrilled that I've run into only one kinda/sorta mini-game so far that's seriously tested my lack of coordination. Right now, the only thing I don't like about The Book of Unwritten Tales is that it's going to end. It's a keeper.
Thank you very much :-) We received a lot of very good feedback in the last days and that's very motivating!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #93
lost in rubacava

I haven't changed my mind now that I've finished The Book of Unwritten Tales. My one criticism is that the ending seemed rushed, as if you guys were caught up in the world of BoUT and suddenly realized you had to stop or it would never be published. I can live with that as long as you keep going! (But take it easy on the rain dances, okay? )

I'm really looking forward to an English version of The Critter Chronicles. Think it will be available any time soon?
Old 11-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #94
man of low moral fiber

JTheysen it's a real treat seeing your answer!

Please tell me the game is doing well commercially and you'll continue making games like these in the future!

Now that I'm almost finished with the game, I can say that this is the closest thing I've played to a monkey island game (the 3 first ones of course) in terms of enjoyment and quality!

THANK YOU!

ps. I'm still really pissed off that all the "big" gaming sites don't pay attention to this gem, so long after it's been published...grrrrrrrr!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:11 AM   #95

Default The Book of Unwritten Tales discount!

@Balderduck. Thanks for the praise :-)

Today we started a special offer on www.unwritten-tales.com: From today till December 24th the price of the game has been lowered by 20% ($23,99, 19,99€, 15,99£).

IN ADDITION every buyer receives a gift-coupon of 20% discount to give away to a friend. If you want to give someone a treat, you can make them a present with the coupon. The coupon discount is added to the already discounted sale price!

So if you are looking for a high rated and very long adventure for the holidays please visit: www.unwritten-tales.com
Old 12-31-2011, 12:00 AM   #96

Today is the last day of our holiday sale!

So if you want the game for 20% less head over to www.unwritten-tales.com!