You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Book of Unwritten Tales (really) coming this fall

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #61

My copy has arrived courtesy of ShopTo! Can't wait to get stuck in
Old 10-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #62

Got my code and downloading my copy now!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 02:59 AM   #63

Hi! The Book of Unwritten Tales has been released and can be purchased at www.unwritten-tales.com!

We hope you'll enjoy the game. If you do, please tell others about the game and help us making it a success!

Greetings from Germany,

Your KING Art Team
Old 10-28-2011, 05:48 AM   #64

A quick question to the US/Canadian buyers. How is the download speed for you guys? There seem to be some bandwidth problems for some of the European gamers.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:22 AM   #65

It was a little slow but not bad... here in Ohio I got 500K/sec, took a few hours.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #66

Getting 2 megs a sec over here in Toronto.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #67

Edit: Thanks. The problem should be fixed now.

Our provider didn’t expect so many parallel downloads so there had been some bandwidth issues this morning. Now everything should be fine and the download time should between 45 Minutes and 2 hours max. If you still got a very slow download and more than two hours to go you might want to cancel that download and start a new (=faster) one.

Sorry for the inconvenience... and thanks for buying & downloading so much :-)

If anybody still gets really low download rates please contact us at [email protected]

Last edited by JTheysen; 10-28-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #68

Once you download the game, is there any DRM? Can I reinstall the game in the future or are there activation limits?

Any plans for selling the game on Steam?
Old 10-29-2011, 12:57 AM   #69

Hi mosdl,

After the installation you have to enter your personal serial number once. You can install it over and over again on different systems. If there is a problem just contact us.

We'll try to get on Steam but at the moment there are just too many big games coming up so we won’t have a chance without a publisher who is already on Steam. We hope to get a slot spring next year.

Last edited by JTheysen; 10-29-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #70
lost in rubacava

I hope you intend to keep making games available on disk and you don't require authentication on Steam. I was blown away when I realized that was happening for some boxed versions and I'm very careful before I buy one now to be sure I don't have to go through Steam to play a game.

If Steam is the wave of the future, I guess eventually I'll be restricted to games I already own or old games from GOG. So be it. One less customer for new adventure games.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimless View Post
I hope you intend to keep making games available on disk and you don't require authentication on Steam. I was blown away when I realized that was happening for some boxed versions and I'm very careful before I buy one now to be sure I don't have to go through Steam to play a game.

If Steam is the wave of the future, I guess eventually I'll be restricted to games I already own or old games from GOG. So be it. One less customer for new adventure games.
What exactly is your problem with Steam ?!? Just curious... I've got tons of games registered to my Steam account. It just works...!
Old 10-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #72
lost in rubacava

I like boxes, I like to hold the game in my hand. I do not like somebody's client, or whatever you call the thing, between me and a game I've bought and paid for. I don't like the fact that if I move from one region to another (as I have done in the past) I wouldn't be able to play a game I got from Steam. And I don't like DRM, no matter how minimal.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:48 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimless View Post
I like boxes, I like to hold the game in my hand. I do not like somebody's client, or whatever you call the thing, between me and a game I've bought and paid for. I don't like the fact that if I move from one region to another (as I have done in the past) I wouldn't be able to play a game I got from Steam. And I don't like DRM, no matter how minimal.
What?!? lol that's BS Once you have a game on Steam you can access/download it no matter where ( geographically ) you are. With the amount of PC piracy going on, Steam's one of the few ways to actually sell some copies if you are a small dev. AG are a niche market. Steam's user base provides even the smallest devs with a chance of exposure. Many indie devs managed to get popular thanks to Steam.

Dunno... It's your choice but digital distribution's a very nice way of having access to all your games no matter where you are.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #74
Tea & Cookie Monster

I'm having trouble with the raindance...
I´m old and too slow with the arrows.
I can't look at the arrows, AND watch Nate dance at the same time! And I HAVE to watch him dance...
Old 10-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #75

Aimless, me too. I really want the boxed version. Between all the games I have bought at Steam, Direct Drive, Telltale, Big Fish, and a bunch more sites that i can't remember, I have a hard time remembering where I get the game if I want to install it on a new computer. Also, I am having trouble with Steam right now, and they haven't written me back, about a technical problem. So, I am not real Steam happy right now. Also, I am running out of room on my disk for more games, but ifi I have the disk in my cupboard, I feel free to delete it to make more room for other games, whereas if I download a game I am so scared to delete it, again, trying to remember where I bought it etc. Give me the disk any day!
Old 10-30-2011, 12:55 AM   #76

Default English subtitles only in-game not in cutscenes?

Is there a way to whatch the cutscenes of the game with subtitles? there are only subtitles in game,that would be a shame,especially for hearing- impaired

Last edited by pcfan2012; 10-30-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:34 AM   #77
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majsan View Post
I'm having trouble with the raindance...
I´m old and too slow with the arrows.
I can't look at the arrows, AND watch Nate dance at the same time! And I HAVE to watch him dance...
Ooh, bad news. I'm downloading BOUT this very moment and I cross my fingers there aren't too many timed sequences. Tell me they are rare.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:43 AM   #78
Tea & Cookie Monster

Quote:
Ooh, bad news. I'm downloading BOUT this very moment and I cross my fingers there aren't too many timed sequences. Tell me they are rare.
Don't worry, there´s only been that one so far! You're gonna love this game!

Maybe someone can provide a saved game for us with "timed-sequences issues"...
Old 10-30-2011, 04:56 AM   #79

A hint for the raindance:
Spoiler:
It gets easier the more often you try it!

At least as far as I can remember.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #80

Hi Everybody!

We opend a forum at www.unwritten-tales.com

You can ask us questions there and give us feedback. And if you find any bugs or localization problems please let us know (we collect your feedback there for the next patch).