You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Toonstruck working on Macbook Pro!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #1

Default Toonstruck working on Macbook Pro!!!!!

Back in 1996 when I was just 6 years old I played my first adventure game, Toonstruck. Over the next few years I completed the game several times and it became one of my favourites. Unfortunately the disks were unloved and they became pretty damn scratched and chipped... don't hate, I was a child lol.

Recently I see a video on youtube of Toonstruck working on an iPad. I own a Macbook Pro so I had hope that Toonstruck had a possibility of playing on it so I bought a copy on a eBay. I know over the past few years people have had trouble playing this game on any kind of computer. Anyway, it came through the post and so I immediately stuck it in my disc drive but I got this awful message "cannot read disc". I felt gutted, quite literally as I had been looking forward to it for almost a week. Eventually though i figured out a way, I used "disk utility" to create a disk image of the CD. Then used Boxer to install and play the game. HALLELUJAH!!! Very happy! It's playing perfectly and no problems!

Lets hope they bring out part two very soon because this is bringing back so many good memories and I am loving it and need another dose of nostalgia!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:41 AM   #2

Well hopefully during Comic Con this week we will get to see first look at Toonstruck Enhanced on the iPhone/iPad and depending on how well it sells they will finally release the sequel.