You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Quiz: Time is of the Essence

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 04:19 AM   #61
Senior *female* member

Sure I forgive you. But I'm through with quizzes.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:51 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
8. Sanitarium
Was that from a loading screen, maybe? Or in the house in chapter 4? I absolutely can't remember this picture.

Quote:
That is total bullshit. Excusez le mot.
Hey! Why is it that, whenever people want to apologize for swearing, they make a reference to French? I resent that. Especially when it's not even proper French, as is the case here.

Anyway, thanks for putting this (pretty devious) quiz together Fien!
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 07-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #63
I am the boss of you

Thanks for the trivia, the clock theme was very intriguing
Old 07-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #64
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
Was that from a loading screen, maybe? Or in the house in chapter 4? I absolutely can't remember this picture.
Cut scene with Sarah setting the hands to 6 o'clock, dinnertime for her family.

Quote:
Hey! Why is it that, whenever people want to apologize for swearing, they make a reference to French? I resent that. Especially when it's not even proper French, as is the case here.
LOL! You said the same thing when I posted another expression, I think it was c'est le ton qui fait la musique. Or maybe simple comme bonjours. So I'll say the same thing I said back then: I don't know if it's proper French, but I assure you it's a pretty common thing to say in Dutch. Yes, really. All three expressions, and many many more.

Quote:
Anyway, thanks for putting this (pretty devious) quiz together Fien!
My pleasure.

EDIT: Parbleu! Wasn't there some Edith Piaf song called simple comme bonjour? Oh well, it was just a cri du coeur anyway.

Last edited by Fien; 07-13-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #65

Quote:
LOL! You said the same thing when I posted another expression, I think it was c'est le ton qui fait la musique. Or maybe simple comme bonjours. So I'll say the same thing I said back then: I don't know if it's proper French, but I assure you it's a pretty common thing to say in Dutch. Yes, really. All three expressions, and many many more.
Oh yes, I remember that conversation! All three are grammatically correct, it's just that we never use those expressions — apart from simple comme bonjour, which is still in use but probably not for long, because it sounds very, very, very hackneyed, like something you'd hear on a shopping channel; I'd definitely never use it, except maybe sarcastically.

In case you're interested, in current French, you'd use Passez-moi l'expression instead of Excusez le mot.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]

Last edited by Kurufinwe; 07-13-2011 at 01:39 PM.