You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure Games on the 360

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #1

Default Adventure Games on the 360

Just purchased and completed Gray Matter.

What an excellent game it was - beautiful story, well written characters and a great soundtrack.

Some minor faults, loading times between screensm easy-ish puzzlesm etc - but on the whole, one of the most enjoyable games I have played for a long time.

I am a massive adventure game fan and love these types of games, Tex Murphy on the PC, Heart of China, Monkey Island, etc. But there does not seem to be many similar games on the Xbox 360 like that of Gray Matter.

Are there any others? Recommendations?
Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
The Quiet One

There's not many, I'm afraid. The only serious one is L.A. Noire, which is an action/adventure and involves a lot of detective work and interrogation.

But on XBLA there is Sam & Max - Season One and Two, Monkey Island 1 & 2 - Special Edition, Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures...

Jurassic Park - The Game should be coming out on XBLA, too.

Oh, plus there's Portal 1 & 2...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
Life and times of...

Other than those mentioned, only thing that comes to mind is Stacking and other possible downloadable, more casual, puzzleish games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
loading times between screensm
I just had to note that with the 360's newish game installing option (installing on the hard drive) the loading times were greatly reduced. The problem then only became that you ahd trouble actually reading the little tidbits in the load screens 'cause they went by so fast
Old 07-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
Pixiehunter

Weren't the Broken Sword games ported to the 360 as well? I haven't played GM yet, so I don't know how much they are in the same genre, but if GM is anything like the GK series, I think the BS games will be word checking out for you as well.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #5

"Axel & Pixel", "Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper" and one other xbla game I can't remember the title of. "Limbo" is kinda adventure like too. These are the only ones that I know of being on the 360 other than the ones mentioned. Also, I don't believe there are any Broken Sword games on it. It's pretty bad for xbox. PS3 is getting some love with telltale and couple of other titles instead.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #6

It is pretty poor out there for us Xbox owners.

I saw the Monkey Island Special Editions on XBLA, bu I have them already on my PC so did not bother getting them (used my points for OutRun)

We never even had a Heavy Rain port.

I really enjoyed playing Gray Matter on it though - was so good to kick back and releax on the 360 - all that seems to be on there are mindless FPS. Sometimes I think I'm the only person who DOES'NT enjoy COD!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #7
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
Sometimes I think I'm the only person who DOES'NT enjoy COD!
I've never played COD, but the series doesn't appeal to me, so no, you're not alone.

However, I do like FPS, but it depends on the game. For instance, I enjoy horror/survival themed FPS (BioShock, Left 4 Dead, Call of Cthulhu, FEAR etc) and story driven FPS (BioShock, Half-Life, The Darkness etc). Some others I may just rent instead.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour