You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #1

Default Black Mirror III

I couldn't seem to find a thread with reactions to this game yet.

I just finished it last night. Overall I really did enjoy the series, but the ending left me feeling extremely...underwhelmed.

What are everyone's thoughts on the ending of the series?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #2

There is a thread somewhere... but, I feel like you - loved the series as a whole. Played them all many times - one of my faves. However, the ending was anti-climactic, to put it kindly. I would have so loved to see
Spoiler:
some kind of return of Angelina and Catherine as well as an actual battle scene between Adrian and Mordred - perhaps a return of Marcus in some way as well
- I put that in spoiler-mode b/c since those things don't happen, I don't want to ruin the game for those who haven't played - let them hope! lol. Anyway - a much more thorough ending would have made the series perfect, IMO.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #3

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...t=black+mirror

Here's the thread. It seems that the series finale had left the most of the players a bit underwhelmed.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 06-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #4
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

After the extremely disappointing endings to the first two games, were people really expecting a satisfying finale? I really enjoyed the Black Mirror games but wrapping things up was something they did not excel at.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 06-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #5
Senior Automaton

They don't need to wrap things up for it to be a good ending. BMIII just wasn't a good game, possibly because it seemed like it was made primarily to wrap things up instead of telling a compelling story.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #6

Thanks for the link to the other thread.

I also would have liked to see something about where life goes from here for the main characters. It wrapped up the whole curse, but I'd like to know what life is going to be like for Adrian now.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #7

Me too J-Boo - would love to see Adrian in the castle with his new butler and then have him start a family and then of course... the curse resumes! Would be awesome.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoecastillo View Post
Me too J-Boo - would love to see Adrian in the castle with his new butler and then have him start a family and then of course... the curse resumes! Would be awesome.
Yes, that would work nicely!

Although honestly I wouldn't even mind if the curse really has come to an end. I just feel like I would have liked to have had SOME closure with the characters. Adrian especially, but others too. As it is, as far as we know Tom still wants to seriously harm Adrian, Bobby has been uprooted, and what about poor Ralph?!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
She Wants Revenge

I would welcome a 4th part gladly. And there is no need for the family curse either, the ending of 3rd game pretty much hinted
Spoiler:
Adrian could be "a warrior of light" or something like that, battling the shades of other people.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #10

There's a campy feeling to this game, what with the cliched possession story, the bland hero and lame dialogs.
But still it's fun to play, as was Black Mirror 2 (by the way, was it really necessary to make two games that play and feel exactly the same with just a year in between?).

I do regret the pure horrific feel of the first Black Mirror though.
This was the game that bought me back to adventure games, and it was much more impressive, in my opinion, than its two sequels.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #11
lost in rubacava

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post
I would welcome a 4th part gladly. And there is no need for the family curse either, the ending of 3rd game pretty much hinted
Spoiler:
Adrian could be "a warrior of light" or something like that, battling the shades of other people.
Oh, good, and end up with the same kind of screwy nonsense story line that completely killed GK3 for me. Along with the absolutely horrible 3D, that is. At least, BM3 has some very nice graphics.