You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
Dreamcraft Entertainment

Default Dark Secrets

Hello everyone!
My name is Peter Zippert and I am a member of Twistedmind Studios, a small game company from Sweden. Since this forum is centred around you who love both old and new adventure game titles I felt it would be appropriate to let you know about our upcoming PC title Dark Secrets, and that we just released a playable demo up for your enjoyment.

If you are interested just click the links underneath to find yourself onto either our IndieDb page for more information, screenshots and also our teaser.

to get the demo right away, click the link to download it from hotfile. (this is due to our indiedb page is currently awaiting the all green from mods on the download and news.)

http://www.indiedb.com/games/dark-secrets

Dark Secrets Demo Install.exe - 160.8 MB

Dark Secrets Demo Install.exe - 160.8 MB

We would love to know your thoughts about the demo, and any feedback or comment might be valuable to us to improve the final full version of the game.

Hope you enjoy this preview, and i will be answering your questions to my fullest ability as I receive them.

Oh i almost forgot! we also have a Facebook page for those who wish to spread the word, you can find that one right here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-S...14810565211531

P.Zippert Twistedmind Studios

EDIT:

the main download on out IndieDb page is now authed and green to go. please use that one primarily

Last edited by Jinxy; 06-15-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #2

Hello Jinxy. I tried your game and find it very reminiscent of Amnesia which certainly isn't a bad thing in my book, however the performance on my comp is very poor at best, which I don't understand. I tried turning the rez down to 800X600 at the fastest setting and still having issues.

I do have an aging computer, however am playing Metro 2033 which is very graphic intensive game, and running it fine on med. settings at 1024X768. Perhaps the engine needs more optimization or I'm doing something wrong?

As for the gameplay. I love it! Just wish I could get it running properly.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
Dreamcraft Entertainment

Hmm. i will check that out when i can, the unity engine can handle quite abit. and it works quite well on our computers, whats your average fps and is the starting area or the interior thats a big issue?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #4
Senior Automaton

It works okay on mine on top settings, just a bit "clunky". I really like the idea and the gameplay.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:02 AM   #5
Dreamcraft Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
It works okay on mine on top settings, just a bit "clunky". I really like the idea and the gameplay.
Glad to hear you like it, abit clunky you say?
Old 06-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #6
Senior Automaton

Well, it's not totally smooth when I look around but I wouldn't expect it to be perfect on an indie game. It's definitely playable.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post
Hmm. i will check that out when i can, the unity engine can handle quite abit. and it works quite well on our computers, whats your average fps and is the starting area or the interior thats a big issue?
I would say the average FPS is somewhere around 10 or 12, and it's actually both indoor and outdoor areas where I'm having issues. I am doing several updates of Vista right now, (Microsoft C+), which hopefully may improve the FPS.

Will keep you informed.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
Dreamcraft Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeorge View Post
I would say the average FPS is somewhere around 10 or 12, and it's actually both indoor and outdoor areas where I'm having issues. I am doing several updates of Vista right now, (Microsoft C+), which hopefully may improve the FPS.

Will keep you informed.
Alrighty, thank you so much, we will look into it so we can release a patch to assort the issue.
can you post your specs btw, always good to have that extra info
Old 06-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #9

I like the title and dark atmosphere,
but yeah there's no way I could play this game on my machine (dualcore @ 2.5ghz, 8gb ram, nvidia 8400m) even on low settings I could barely navigate the menu as the mousepointer updated like once a second,
but don't worry about it I'm not your audiance anyway, if I were more into playing games (I don't have much time these days) I would have gotten a faster computer by now.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #10
Dreamcraft Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrLOL View Post
I like the title and dark atmosphere,
but yeah there's no way I could play this game on my machine (dualcore @ 2.5ghz, 8gb ram, nvidia 8400m) even on low settings I could barely navigate the menu as the mousepointer updated like once a second,
but don't worry about it I'm not your audiance anyway, if I were more into playing games (I don't have much time these days) I would have gotten a faster computer by now.

thanks for posting your specs. helps us out alot to find decent requirements, i do must add though that we are currently working on a optimizing patch, along with the unity engine releasing a update aswell that should work on better performance.

even though your computer isnt top of the line, it should atleast be able to play it on the lowest settings. unless the low end laptop we have has something special under the hood.

again, thanks for sharing the info, i apreachiate it
Old 07-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #11

I downloaded the demo and it was promptly nuked by Norton 360. I wouldn't mention this normally, but I can imagine you'd like to know that. Will give it another try later.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #12
aye, aye!

Always fun to see games popping up from Sweden

My laptop probably won't be able to play it if no one else can - will be looking forward to the patch though!
Website with Fansites [thornleaf.se]
Old 07-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #13

I'll give this a try. Will this eventually see a larger release through online distribution or actual boxed copies at retail stores?
Old 07-04-2011, 01:05 AM   #14
Dreamcraft Entertainment

@ Devilfish: Hmm. seems quite weird since its the first time i have heard of any virus warnings, and we have had quite a few downloads. what provider did you download it from?

@Thorn: We have gone great strides to Optimise the game for lower end computers. hopefully we can release the patch soon.

@Kovaelin: Thanks for trying! The title will be released digitally primary onto Steam, cutting down the full game to smaller chapters.

i hope that filled everyone in and answered a few questions. and i thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #15
She Wants Revenge

I might want to give this a try but how bad is the horror? I am a huge fan of thrillers but pure horror, especially survival horror goes too far. I am like a record repeating the same question in every thread about a horror game .
Old 07-05-2011, 05:31 AM   #16
Dreamcraft Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post
I might want to give this a try but how bad is the horror? I am a huge fan of thrillers but pure horror, especially survival horror goes too far. I am like a record repeating the same question in every thread about a horror game .
I am quite sure you don't have to worry about that. the game is focused on mystery solving and dark secrets as the name implies. while there is a few creepy moments in the title. We are keeping the game on a realistic level so there wont be any hordes of zombies.body parts or blood flying everywhere.

i highly recommend trying the demo out, since its a very good representation of what you can expect from the full game.

Good Luck /Peter Zippert Twistedmind Studios
Old 07-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #17

Playing through the demo as we speak... first thing I've noticed, and it's only small at this stage, is that the help menu advises to hold right mouse button to rotate inventory objects. However, for me, I have to hold the left mouse button. I'm right handed btw.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:14 AM   #18
Dreamcraft Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izlimak View Post
Playing through the demo as we speak... first thing I've noticed, and it's only small at this stage, is that the help menu advises to hold right mouse button to rotate inventory objects. However, for me, I have to hold the left mouse button. I'm right handed btw.
Thank you for playing!

This problem is already fixed in the upcomming patch. thanks for posting it again though its a simple event of mixing up the keys in the dialogue
Old 07-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #19
She Wants Revenge

Thank you, I'm downloading now. Will check the demo out at some point when I have the time.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:43 AM   #20
Dreamcraft Entertainment

Greetings everyone!

I am happy to announce that we have patched up the demo to version 1.1.
This version includes alot of bugfixes and other changes, including the following:
*Optimzied some Areas
*Fixed some spelling errors
*Changed the dialouge interface
*New Main menu Screen
*Fixed Credits screen
*Fixed a few collison errors where players could get stuck
*Some minor light changes
*Batteries will now dissapear as intended
*Reworked some areas to make the experience more compelling
*Many interface improvements
*And alot of smaller fixes

I hope you all try out the new demo and give some more feedback, it has really helped us so far.

as usual the download is located at:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/dark-secrets

Best Wishes, We at twistedmind Studios