You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure game community meeting 2011 (incl. C. Cecil, A. Cordes & M. Clark)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 03:33 AM   #1
Schattenjäger

Default Adventure game community meeting 2011 (incl. C. Cecil, A. Cordes & M. Clark)

Hi everyone!

I'd like to take a moment to tell you about a really great event that will take place during the Gamescom (August, 19th.) in Cologne, Germany this year.

Just like in the last two years, Adventure-Treff.de will be hosting a huge community meeting at a beach club that is aiming at adventure game developers, adventure game fans, publishers and pretty much everyone who is related to the adventure game community.

Confirmed guests so far include Charles Cecil (Broken Sword), Agustin Cordes (Scratches, Asylum), Matt Clark (Barrow Hill, Bracken Tor), Martin Ganteföhr (Overclocked, The Moment of Silence) and Jeff Williams (Darkstar). Despite of these confirmed names there will be many other developers around. So you would have the chance to meet a lot of these people in person, have discussions with them and other adventure game fans and spend a great and relaxed evening among with many other members of the adventure game community.

You can find further info on our Facebook site.

This is gonna be a great night for the adventure game world and if any of you have a chance to attend I'd be very glad. Hope to see as many members of the Adventure Gamers community there as possible!
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 06-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Lazy Bee

Sounds great! I would have loved to come, but I haven't got time or money to do so.
Hopefully there will be other Adventure Gamer's there.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:14 AM   #3
Schattenjäger

Too bad, Jelena. I have to admit it's quite an expensive trip for most people. But if some people are interested in checking out the Gamescom anyway, this is a good opportunity to also visit our meeting.

Also hope there'll be some readers from Adventure Gamers there that I'll get to meet in person.

In fact, last year we had one of the editors of Adventure Gamers (Mark Jones) at our party and it was awesome to spend time with him - great guy. Hope he and perhaps other editors wil be there again this year.
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 06-08-2011, 02:23 AM   #4

I remember talking his and many others ears off about Azrael's Tear, in an English that was barely understandable, I'm sure. My pronunciation sucks. Even in German I stumble over every second word.
Anyway, it's always fun and worth a visit. Last year's appearance of Ragnar Tornquist was pretty cool.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

I should be there. Looking forward to finally meeting some top shelf adventure game designers and fans in person.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
Senior Automaton

Shouldn't Matt Clark be working on Bracken Tor instead of attending conferences?
Old 06-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #7
Chicken with a bite

I'll be there
Old 06-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #8
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Hhmmm... "Top shelf" sounds rather dubious. I keep my least important games on the top shelf
Old 06-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #9

I'd like to be there but its a long and quite expensive journey.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:14 AM   #10
Schattenjäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Shouldn't Matt Clark be working on Bracken Tor instead of attending conferences?
Not if the game is done until then.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:36 AM   #11
Schattenjäger

Great news! Over 50 confirmed guests so far and a new confirmed star guest as well... I'm talking about "Mister Tex Murphy" Aaron Conners who will be at the Gamescom to present The Sims 3 for EA where he is working as a Senior Designer.

Luckily, he immediately agreed to come to the party as well! So make sure you all bring your Tex Murphy boxes to get them signed!

To give you an overview: Here some of the confirmed star guests so far - (there will be more to follow): Charles Cecil (Broken Sword), Aaron Conners (Tex Murphy, 3 Cards to Midnight), Agustin Cordes (Scratches, Asylum), Martin Ganteföhr (Overclocked, Moment of Silence), Matt Clark (Barrow Hill, Bracken Tor), Animation Arts (Lost Horizon, Secret Files) and Daedalic (A New Beginning, The Whispered World).

It will be a fantastic night!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:42 AM   #12
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustin View Post
Hhmmm... "Top shelf" sounds rather dubious. I keep my least important games on the top shelf
Everyone's top shelf is a bit different it seems.

Would the expression "top-tier" be any more universal?

Last edited by Ascovel; 07-03-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #13

Amazingly close yet still so far Had it been in Aachen I would have really considered it.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 07-12-2011, 01:40 AM   #14
Schattenjäger

Another confirmed guest: Mister Steve Ince!

Did I already mention how awesome this will be?
Old 07-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #15
Pixiehunter

Hmm...very tempting, as Cologne isn't that far away from me. However, I still have to work that day so I won't make it in time...and I'll have to find a way to actually get there (and get home again afterwards), so...not sure, I want to, but I don't know if I'll manage.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #16
Chicken with a bite

Not sure where in the Netherlands you are, but there is an excellent train connection to Cologne. The fair itself, and the venue the meet will take place at, are easily reached with public transport from the main railway station. I am visiting as a press representative and will be staying in a hotel most of the week, taking a train back home on Saturday morning, after a few hours of sleep, hopefully, but I know many people who go to the meeting are planning on spending the night in the various bars and clubs of Cologne until the first train leaves in the morning. You could always join them if you don't fancy coming all the way to Cologne for just a few hours of fun.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #17
Pixiehunter

I live in Nijmegen, so in distance pretty close. I guess I should be able to get there by public transport then. Do you know if there are any more people from that part of the Netherlands?

Tempting...so tempting...
Old 07-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #18
Under pressure.

I'm not too far away from Nijmegen (and the German border). It sure is tempting to go. I'll have to think about it.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #19

munich here.... hmm very tempting
Old 07-16-2011, 02:35 AM   #20

Ít's very likely that good friends Anne von Vaszary (Black Mirror II, Black Mirror III) and Csongor Baranyai (Simon the Sorcerer - Chaos Happens) will join the party as well. :-)