Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Looking for non shot bright and happy pc-game (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/29100-looking-non-shot-bright-happy-pc-game.html)

TLJ_DF 06-03-2011 01:35 PM

Looking for non shot bright and happy pc-game

Hey,

I'm new on this forum and I have found some threads about Dreamfall and TLJ which alongside the first Atlantis games are the love of my life. :kiss:

But I want to find a game with absolutley NO shoting or fighting and that is also bright and happy NOT scary. That is a point and click-game.

Any suggestions? ;)

Weare6 06-05-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLJ_DF (Post 581892)
Hey,

I'm new on this forum and I have found some threads about Dreamfall and TLJ which alongside the first Atlantis games are the love of my life. :kiss:

But I want to find a game with absolutley NO shoting or fighting and that is also bright and happy NOT scary. That is a point and click-game.

Any suggestions? ;)

Machinarium
and
The Tiny Bang Story

These are very sweet, charming games that are colourful, bright and
are happy happy fun fun. :)
Enjoy!

Ivynwater 06-06-2011 06:30 AM

All the Broken Swords games are nice and funny.

TLJ_DF 06-06-2011 01:33 PM

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your suggestions and I am going to try them! Thanks!

:D

terhardp 06-06-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivynwater (Post 582100)
All the Broken Swords games are nice and funny.

The topic starter asked about a game which is bright and happy and not scary. Even though "Broken Sword" series is funny from times to times, mostly thanks to the witty and ironic remarks of George Stobbart, their main theme is actually rather dark. I think that the following games may better fit the bill:

-Monkey Island series
-Machinarium
-Samorost
-Ceville
-Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
-So Blonde

I would also add "Back to the Future" game series to the list. They are mostly bright and happy, but like "Broken Sword", they have a dark side as well.

Shany 06-07-2011 05:58 AM

A few freeware titles:

Nathan's Second Chance

Out of Order

Five Magical Amulets

Oscar 06-10-2011 05:44 AM

This is actually a tough one, as most games involve dark themes. Even Monkey Island has ghosts, and almost all games involve death of some kind. It's hard to find bright and happy games which are still mature and not for children.

Two I would recommend, which are both great games:
-Wallace & Gromit: Light and funny adventure for adults, with moderately difficult puzzles.
-The AGON games. About a professor going all around the world to find a series of puzzles laid out for him. Not a shred of darkness here.

Niko 06-11-2011 04:51 AM

-Everlight.
-Lost Horizon.
-Moment of Silence.

Oscar 06-12-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niko (Post 582527)
-Moment of Silence.

Bright and happy? :crazy:

Intrepid Homoludens 06-12-2011 10:26 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3146/...32cfbfd012.jpg

Well, there's Portal and Portal 2, which are first person puzzle games with strong stories. The narrative has its twisted moments but the writing is often hilarious and so fun. I beat the first Portal a long time ago and had just started Portal 2.

Here's a preview clip of Portal 2 showing gameplay.

terhardp 06-15-2011 09:57 PM

Well, like "Broken Sword", "Portal" games excel in witty and dark humor, but I still think that neither fit the "bright and happy" notion the topic starter mentioned.

Harald B 06-16-2011 12:28 AM

The Bone games are quite lovely. (See this week's Scene of the Week.) Those rat monsters shouldn't really scare anyone, and up only a small part of the games in any case.

tsa 06-16-2011 02:27 AM

The MDNA games are situated in a sunny Norrköping in Sweden. Although Carol Reed is a detective dealing with murders and abductions, the games are never scary, there's no shooting in them and they are very playable.
Furthermore there is The Ugly Prince Duckling, which is nice, and Ceville.

Edit: and of course there is the whole Myst series. Rand Miller hates violence in games, so there is none in Myst.

Arial Type 06-16-2011 05:10 AM

Ha, that's an easy one: Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! No shooting, no fighting, no dark themes. Only humour, leisure and love. And even after all those years it looks and sounds great. Just the right choice for a light, bright summer game.

Dan_Dan_91_07 06-16-2011 07:19 AM

Discworld 1/2

Discworld 1 however is ridiculously hard and quite often illogical, but even so, the positive aspects make this game a must play!