You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
She Wants Revenge

Default Doctor Who games

I would be interested trying these out since I just recently started watching the series and found it great. I am just wondering two things.

1. Do the games include spoilers? I am currently on the earlier part of season 5 and I don't want to be spoiled about future events in the series. This of course is not a real issue, because I can always just wait until I've caught up the series and play the games then. But where on the series episodes do these games "fit in" or do they fit in at all?

2. Are they any good? I don't dare to read the long reviews because I am afraid of those spoilers. They haven't got a lot of stars at least but are they good enough for a fan to play? I am not horribly critical about stuff I like, there can be some minor hiccups here and there if the story and/or the characters work somehow. When I find something this entertaining I really don't want to ruin the experience by nitpicking, which means I usually end up liking even the weaker episodes as long as there are some good ones in between. And I'd think this would be the situation for the episodic game too.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
Staff Member

Hey, millenia. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Doctor Who. It's certainly a brilliant show.

As far as I can remember the plots of the games are completely separate from the current television series. There's little references here and there to some of the Doctor's past escapades, but that's really all there is. Chronologically I assume these are just some of the Doctor's and Amy's 'side-adventures' that we don't see on the television.

As for spoilers in the review, you needn't worry about that, either for the TV series or the games. I too get antsy about possible spoilers, so I understand your hesitation, but the Doctor Who reviews are carefully written, as they all are here at Adventure Gamers, to ensure you understand the pros and cons of a game without ruining any major plot points. You can read them without concern. Honest!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:08 AM   #3

I like Doctor Who series too.
But I didn't play any adventure game of it yet...
It may sound stupid but, it's mainly because I'm not very fond of the 11th doctor not even in the series! I still watch reruns of the 9th, especially 10th doctor and even older ones online...
Old 05-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #4

Well , if you are new to doctor who , you can maybe try this short interactive David Tennant 10th Doctor FMV game "Attack of the graske".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/fu..._of_the_graske
Old 05-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
She Wants Revenge

I think I'll be caught up with the series pretty soon, almost done with season 5 now . So at least spoilers wont bother me. I think I will at least check the games out at some point.

I have liked all the new doctors, the change is always hard though. Takes a few episodes to get used to the new face and then a few more to start to actually like the character. But I think all three are very good in the role, which is a great role. Very lovable character. I haven't watched the old series so can't talk about the earlier doctors.

I think I'll read those reviews once I'm done with the new episodes and see if I have some time to squeeze in more games .
Old 05-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #6

Although I am not a fan of the TV series....
(I stopped way back when Tom Baker was the Dr.)
..... I will try out the games if there good.