You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Secret Leopard-mode in Edna & Harvey?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 04:38 AM   #1
Senior Passer-by

Default The Secret Leopard-mode in Edna & Harvey?

I just finished this great game and although I thought I had tried everything in it there's still this 'Leopard-mode' I've learned about from the credits:

Name:  The Secret Leopard-mode.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  10.3 KB
Does anyone know what this is and how can it be reached?
Old 05-16-2011, 05:30 AM   #2
Senior *female* member

ROTFL!

As they said in the early days of Usenet: RTFM!**

Okay, that's not entirely fair. Yes, it's in the manual. A word of warning from Harvey: Stuffed rabbits and leopards are sworn enemies.

Spoiler:
In the secret leopard mode, you can control Edna comfortably via the virtual interface of your computer's peripheral audio-port. Just kneel down under your computer table and clearly call out the initial of the direction in which you want to move (N for North, W for West, E for East, S for South) or one of the special commands (J for Jumping, R for Roaring) into the accoustical adapter. In the event that this should not work right away, ring the doorbell of your next-door neighbor and try again there. Once you have succesfully unlocked the secret leopard mode, you will be awarded 50 gamerscore points (achievement: "Taming the Leopard").

Did you know the manual of Daedalic's A New Beginning also mentions a Secret Leopard Mode, or rather the lack of one. Even more amazing, it's also in the manual of Tony Tough 2, which was not published by Daedalic. Must be a national German joke or something.

But now that you mention it, there actually IS something weird with the German version of Edna. I first read about it on a forum, can't find those posts anymore. I think, not sure, that when you finish Edna and restart the game *immediately* without leaving, things turn reddish and all locations are available. Whatever it was that turned the "God mode" on, I tried it at the time and it worked. Haven't tried it with the English edition.

EDIT: By the way, how did you like the ending(s)?

** RTFM = Read The Fucking Manual

Last edited by Fien; 05-16-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
ROTFL! Must be a national German joke or something.
I fell for it .
Quote:
RTFM!
WFM?
Quote:
I think, not sure, that when you finish Edna and restart the game *immediately* without leaving, things turn reddish and all locations are available.
I didn't try that. Thanks for all the info.
Quote:
By the way, how did you like the ending(s)?
It's a bit weird (I didn't expect to see a(nother) murder as a solution). I liked 'what happened afterwards' in the credits though.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
WFM?
Both my English and my German Edna, bought and paid for, come with a printed manual.

Zobraks
Old 05-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #5

Unfortunately, after buying the game digitally from TAS, I couldn't find a PDF manual file anywhere in the folders or in the game page. Pity.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
Senior *female* member

Oops!
Sorry, Zobraks.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Did you know the manual of Daedalic's A New Beginning also mentions a Secret Leopard Mode, or rather the lack of one. Even more amazing, it's also in the manual of Tony Tough 2, which was not published by Daedalic. Must be a national German joke or something.
Carsten Fichtelmann, the co-founder of Daedalic, was still PR manager back then at dtp. The other co-founder, Jan MĂĽller-Michaelis, worked there too.
I presume the leopard mode is a reference to Paradise, but I don't know.

Last edited by ozzie; 05-16-2011 at 01:54 PM.