Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Memento Mori 2 announced (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/29010-memento-mori-2-announced.html)

Phaid 05-10-2011 01:41 AM

Memento Mori 2 announced

Looks pretty good, and it uses a 3D engine!
http://worthplaying.com/article/2011/5/9/news/81286/

I didn't play the first game unfortunately, should I pick it up? The AG review makes me somewhat indecisive.

Oscar 05-10-2011 07:16 AM

The graphics look amazing. I may have to pick up the first Memento Mori just so I can play this.

UPtimist 05-10-2011 07:18 AM

Well, always a good thing when an AG gets a sequel - shows that there are at least some sales, so there's some hope (and proof we're not a dead genre).

Memento Mori is an alright game, I always did feel that there was promise for a much better game, so here's hoping they've learned from the last one and improved.

As for whether you should pick it up - it depends on you, really. If you're scarce on things to play then you could give it a whirl. If not, it depends on how high you've set your bar (as in standards, not alcohol). As far as I can remember it didn't really conjure up much emotions in any directions. It was fun enough while it lasted, but nothing spectacular.

In my opinion.

(Edit): The pics do look nice, even if the characters look a little stiff. I suppose no more Finland though :D (Not that it really had so much resemblance to Finland in reality).

rayvio 05-10-2011 07:27 AM

Memento Mori 1 isn't perfect but it's definitely worth playing. overall I found it an enjoyable and intriguing game with only a few (but sometimes very noticeable) flaws. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the sequel, and not just because I have a weakness for female red-headed protagonists...

Stuart 05-10-2011 10:28 AM

The graphics look far and ahead of almost any adventure game I've seen. I just hope the gameplay/controls are good and not an awkward mess like the latest Broken Sword games.

Weare6 05-10-2011 02:39 PM

Well its certainly looks very nice. It will have to do a lot more than just pretty
graphics to get me interested. I dislike the 1st one for the simple reason it was
so boring. I felt nothing for the story or its characters.
Well if your really desperate for an AG to play Phaid then give it a go......
I'm personally not a fan but will try this new one.

terhardp 05-10-2011 10:56 PM

I have played the first game and was very dissapointed because it was bombastically announced and presented and it turned out to be a mediocre title in every sense. The "intriguing" story that some pre-reviews mentioned was rather boring and uninspiring, except of the dramatic ending. The gameplay was also too linear and simple for a "detective" adventure. Even the "Art of Murder" and "Chronicles of Mystery" series had more complex puzzles. Some of the locations were interesting, but they're often only a screen or two long. Typical.

This one screenshot of the sequel looks promising, though. Exotic locales are one of the things than can make me play a game that isn't much in other aspects. Shallow, I know. :P

dekaneas297 05-11-2011 02:47 AM

Great news. I liked the first game. It wasn't something great, but certainly above average. The screenshots look amazing.

Monolith 05-11-2011 10:16 AM

Looks great, but great graphics must coincide with proper animation, movement, controls, facial expressions, voice acting, etc. Its not going to do well. lol

Oscar 05-20-2011 12:38 AM

It would be nice if the characters could try to NOT move in slow-motion this time. That was infuriating in Memento Mori, waiting 10 seconds for my character to turn around and close the door.

tsampikos 05-20-2011 01:16 AM

I will have this game in mind when it comes out.

smulan 05-20-2011 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 580948)
It would be nice if the characters could try to NOT move in slow-motion this time. That was infuriating in Memento Mori, waiting 10 seconds for my character to turn around and close the door.

That is a problem connected to your computer and the games minimum hardware requirements. Try to turn the option-settings lower or buy a new computer.

Oscar 05-20-2011 03:01 AM

How do you know? My computer is quite new and the graphics are very smooth, so it is not the system. It is the game, the characters are programmed to move incredibly slowly. You can see it on youtube videos too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usVwA3pjC30

JackVanian 05-20-2011 04:46 AM

To me the first game was quite a surprise. I didn't expect much but I was very pleased about what I saw in the end. I like games that focus on telling a story and Memento Mori did that with a lot of cut-scenes fortunately.

Looking forward to the second game. :)

millenia 05-20-2011 07:56 AM

I am looking forward to this too. I really liked the first game, it wasn't brilliant but it was very entertaining in every way. Too easy perhaps but I don't really play adventure for the challenge. Lots of other sequels are scrapped or postponed so this one is actually pretty high on my list of anticipated adventures.

rayvio 05-20-2011 09:34 AM

the first game definitely had its flaws but had a lot of good points, and if the developers have learned from the mistakes and are able to address them then the sequel could be very good

smulan 05-20-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 580952)
How do you know?

I know because I didn't have to wait 10 seconds for my character to turn around and close the door.

Oscar 05-20-2011 04:04 PM

Well not quite 10 seconds, obviously. If it was then I'd have quit and uninstalled immediately. But you would think with an urgent and serious art case to be solved characters would not move like they are underwater or strolling in a park on a sunday.

Thorn 05-24-2011 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPtimist (Post 580212)

Memento Mori is an alright game, I always did feel that there was promise for a much better game, so here's hoping they've learned from the last one and improved.

+1!

...so I guess we all now know what ending the developers rooted for. The good one. :P Pft.

Oscar 05-24-2011 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 581196)
+1!

...so I guess we all now know what ending the developers rooted for. The good one. :P Pft.

Was the good one where he
Spoiler:
jumped out of the window and went into a coma?
Didn't that leave some uncertainty and a cliffhanger which the screenshots sort of spoil?