Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Any mayan/aztec game recomandation? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/28998-any-mayan-aztec-game-recomandation.html)

kate me 05-06-2011 09:32 AM

Any mayan/aztec game recomandation?

I want to buy a new game, but I want something related to a mayan or aztec subject, puzzles, pyramids, if it's possible I would like to be a third person game.
(I miss my Broken Sword 2 feel!)

Oh, I already played Nibiru and The Omega Stone. Maybe as well other games with a second subject as maya culture, but I can't remember right now...
Please no Nancy Drew Secret of the Scarlet Hand! :crazy::P

cbman 05-06-2011 10:04 AM

Can anyone reccomend to me a game that doesn't involve Aztecs, Maya or any other Mesoamerican culture?

Thank you!

Pilaus 05-06-2011 10:07 AM

Atlantis II (Beyond Atlantis)
Aztec: The Curse in the Heart of the City of Gold
Both by Cryo. I don't know if they are available now.

rayvio 05-06-2011 10:16 AM

Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders

Trunkyo 05-06-2011 10:32 AM

Timelapse has a major segment involving the Mayan civilization (1st-person, not 3rd-person though).

Kurufinwe 05-06-2011 10:41 AM

The Pandora Directive has a major segment involving the Mayan civilization (1st-person, not 3rd-person though).

Ascovel 05-06-2011 10:58 AM

1st person games:

Buried in Time - play it for the Maya. You even get to translate some of their inscriptions.

Legacy of Time - play it for... err... El Dorado - not sure what South American culture it was based on, but felt genuine.

kate me 05-06-2011 11:28 AM

Thanks , so far I have checked a few screens from some games you mention, I like Atlantis 2 , Timelapse and Buried in time. The other 3 I know .

PS: That's way I said "if it's possible", cause I searched the internet and found a lot of first person games. That's why I asked you guys! :P:crazy:

diego 05-06-2011 01:05 PM

Revolution's Gold and Glory: The Road to El Dorado based on movie is not bad, especially if you liked the cartoon. I played the game even before watching the movie and enjoyed it. It's not a serious take on Aztec/Mayan theme and yes, it's on a easier side but overall it's enjoyable.

TechnoSpike 05-06-2011 01:51 PM

Another recomendation for the Buried in Time! Man, I'm miss playing it... since I've yet to play the Legacy, might as well start planning on playing both! :)

Hamham Chan 05-07-2011 05:32 AM

Secret Files 2.

SweetDalilah 05-07-2011 07:31 AM

Hi kate me, you got fed up with island themed games huh? :P
Well sence you really helped me, I'll tell you some of the mayan/aztec games that haven't been mentioned (and I really hope you don't know about them already) :D
TerraX - Blood of Aztecs
The crystal skull
and Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern which is not really mayan or aztec but is set in prehistoric stone age in famouse Lascaux cave in France.
I Hope, I was helpful,
Dalilah

seagul 05-07-2011 10:28 AM

Sanitarium has an aztec chapter.

Weare6 05-08-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbman (Post 579887)
Can anyone reccomend to me a game that doesn't involve Aztecs, Maya or any other Mesoamerican culture?

Thank you!

Scrabble!
he he

Oscar 05-08-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamham Chan (Post 579964)
Secret Files 2.

Yeah, I was going to mention this but then I realised it was set in Indonesia. It definitely has a sort of Mayan/Incan feel to it though.

kate me 05-09-2011 05:46 AM

How could I forget to mention one of my favorite series?!?! I must be :crazy: !
(Yep, I already played both Secret files.)

I might give Sanitarium a try , I can't miss a '90's 2d game!

@diego
I also played Gold and Glory , a few years back when I discovered that good old Rev made it, but it's very weird that it isn't mentioned on their site at all! Did someone buyed the rights or something? Anyway, It was a funny little game! I particulary remember the bull and the barells part! :P

@SweetDalilah
Nope, I haven't played or heard of Blood of Aztecs and The crystal skull yet!
Nope, I'll always like island games, and if I could I would stuff a palm tree in the appartment, but it's too crowded!:)

SweetDalilah 05-09-2011 06:27 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kate me (Post 580107)
Nope, I haven't played or heard of Blood of Aztecs and The crystal skull yet!

Well I'm glad I could help, though I have no idea how will you find any of these games, sence they are not that familiar, especially the first one.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kate me (Post 580107)
Nope, I'll always like island games, and if I could I would stuff a palm tree in the appartment, but it's too crowded!:)

I was just kidding! :D I know how much we both like island games! That's why I'm always taking exotic vacations. I've already been to Turkey, Tunis and Egypt, but because of that change of goverment I wont be able to go there again. Attachment 2447 So this summer I might go to Cuba Attachment 2445 Attachment 2448 Attachment 2446
Have you been to any exotic places yet? :)

Luther10 05-09-2011 10:21 AM

Broken Sword 2 Smoking Mirror