You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Trees a Crowd! Part 4

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 06:07 AM   #41
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Great, now only 28 left! (Sorry, Panthera!) While TaC4 winds down, here is a recap of the correct (in-thread) guesses so far:

1. Hans Christian Andersen: The Ugly Prince Duckling [diego]
2. Nancy Drew 17: Legend of the Crystal Skull [LadyLinda]
3. Uru: The Path of the Shell [Kurufinwe]
4. Discworld [zobraks]
5. The Mystery of the Druids [Shany]
6. The Legend of Kyrandia: Book One [zobraks]
7. Sam & Max Episode 105: Reality 2.0 [ZeframCochrane]
8. Liath [Arial Type]
9. Syberia II [jhetfield21]
10. Aura: Fate of the Ages [zobraks]
11. Quest for Glory II: Trial By Fire (EGA version) [Kurufinwe]
12. King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride [inm8#2]
13. Journey to the Center of the Earth [gray pierce]
14. Dreamfall [gray pierce]
15. Nancy Drew 17: Legend of the Crystal Skull [Drawken]
16. Uru: The Path of the Shell [zobraks]
17. Starship Titanic [zobraks]
18. Comer [Fien]
19. Quest for Glory I: So You Want to Be A Hero (VGA version) [zobraks]
20. Discworld II [kate me]
21. Myst IV: Revelation [Kurufinwe]
22. The Day the World Broke [zobraks]
23. A Quiet Weekend in Capri [Fien]
24. Runaway: A Road Adventure [SweetDalilah]
25. The Legend of Kyrandia Book 2: The Hand of Fate [harald, LadyLinda]
26. HCA: The Ugly Prince Duckling [diego]
27. Keepsake [Shany]
28. Atlantis Evolution [zobraks]
29. The Quivering [diego]
30. Uru: Ages Beyond Myst [diego]

@Fien re: 23.: I do have both games, but as you've already suspected, I haven't played the sequel yet. Was it much harder than the first game?

Last edited by Trunkyo; 05-01-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:35 AM   #42
Senior Passer-by

Spoiler:
The Day the World Broke
Old 04-29-2011, 06:48 AM   #43

Spoiler:
Sentinel: Descendants in Time
Old 04-29-2011, 06:50 AM   #44
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
@Fien re: 23.: I do have both games, but as you've already suspected, I haven't played the sequel yet. Was it much harder than the first game?
On the contrary, Anacapri was much, much easier. I finished it without a walkthrough and that would have been impossible for me if it had been as hard as Capri. In many ways the better of the two games: more story, easier to find your way, more "jumping points" and saves.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #45
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLinda View Post
It's been 24 hours since my last guess, so my second guess is:

Number 2...
Spoiler:
Nancy Drew, Legend of the Crystal Skull
Aaah, I should've known!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:15 AM   #46
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Hints for the last three pics :

10. The magical vines on the left allows the player to access the area above.
16. This game has already been represented in this quiz.
28. The beings who lived in the vicinity of this tree and garden fancied themselves as deities.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:21 AM   #47
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
16. This game has already been represented in this quiz.
Er...
Spoiler:
Uru: The Path of the Shell?

I (think I) know one more, but I'm not sure how many guesses we're allowed to make in this phase.

Last edited by zobraks; 04-30-2011 at 04:27 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:07 AM   #48

Fien, i meant "People quiz" that lasted less than one day, and not " Vamp or Vampire?", actually i took part in that one if you hadn't noticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDalilah View Post
And also that's what you get for not replying to my comeback post in kate me's quiz
errm... if you're thinking about me not commenting on your little "adventure before realising that the biggest adventure is actually - adventure" , i was left speechless

could #10 be

Spoiler:
The Sacred Rings?
Old 04-30-2011, 05:09 AM   #49
an angel of romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
Actually I've been stacking screenshots for a quiz of my own for a while, but it's going to be harder than the Trees quizes and most of the similar quizes .
Can't wait for it!
Just don't make it as hard as Trunkyo's Symbolmania. That quiz gave me nightmares for days!
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Currently playing: Minecraft, Hollywood Monsters

Recently finished: Discworld Noir playthrough
Old 04-30-2011, 05:24 AM   #50
an angel of romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post

errm... if you're thinking about me not commenting on your little "adventure before realising that the biggest adventure is actually - adventure" , i was left speechless
Off topic:
Spoiler:
Oh yeah, well I couldn't help it. He was a real adventurer. He left England to train snakes in South Africa. Oh every girl's (adventure game player's) dream. But then again, sence I couldn't automatically move myself (teleport back and forth) to Africa I decided that it is for the best that I go back to my adventure games world.

And also I did recongnise a few of your concept art, like Machinarium and Ankh, but as always I was late for the party. You adventure quiz makers should really think about anouncing your quizes in previous quizes.
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Old 04-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #51
Beamin' Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
could #10 be
Spoiler:
The Sacred Rings?
Not that game, but you're incredibly close.

Quote:
I (think I) know one more, but I'm not sure how many guesses we're allowed to make in this phase.
Oops, I wasn't at home for most of today , and I forgot to mention that since there are only three (now two) pics left, they should be up for grabs by anyone.

The AG quiz faithful will be happy to know that I have several (non-tree-themed) quizzes in the works... including another superquiz, which I hope to post sometime in May! Unless someone else has a new quiz already lined up (*all eyes turn to zobraks expectantly* ), I can post a new one as soon as next week.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #52
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quizzes!!! *does happy dance*

(Too bad I'm usually too late for the ones I recognize though..)

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 05-01-2011, 12:06 AM   #53
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Not that game, but you're incredibly close.
Woo-hoo, it's 'vulture hour'! Name:  kreza.gif
Views: 74
Size:  155 Bytes Number 10 is...
Spoiler:
... Aura: Fate of the Ages.

Quote:
Oops, I wasn't at home for most of today , and I forgot to mention that since there are only three (now two) pics left, they should be up for grabs by anyone.
Too bad there's nothing left for grabs now .
Only number 28 and I'm not 100% sure what it is.

Quote:
I have several (non-tree-themed) quizzes in the works... I can post a new one as soon as next week.
I'm looking forward to your (and other people's) quizes (as I always do! ), but since I'm busy at 'Edy's (on the Quizfront)' right now I would prefer a delay for the next quiz (your or anybody else's).

Quote:
*all eyes turn to zobraks expectantly*
Don't expect too much: it would be an 'ordinary' themed quiz (with a theme I sarcastically announced in one of my previous posts ). The only difference would be that some of the games I took the pictures from are a bit more queer/obscure than Myst 5 or Aura or Monkey Island series.
When I started collecting the screenshots for my first ever quiz I thought I would hardly be able to find ten adventures featuring the mysterious motive, but (luckily) it turned out in the end that there were heaps of such (albeit crazy) games.

As I said before, I'll announce my quiz at least a week in advance so even the underdogs/people who are usually too late for the ball will have a fair chance (not all of the games will be hard to recognise ).

Last edited by zobraks; 05-01-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:47 AM   #54
an angel of romance

Well I guess announcing my quiz now would be useless. Well I just wanted to say that I almost have all the pics ready, and it could be done in a week, but I'll wait for the quizmasters to publish their quizes first. It won't be as easy as I expected it to be, because some pics will be easy to guess, but others not so much. Name:  dzavo.gif
Views: 67
Size:  959 Bytes There will be around 30 pics or more, so everyone will be able to guess.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:14 AM   #55
Senior *female* member

Okidoki, I'm gonna announce my Halloween quiz right now, so everybody will be prepared.
God willing etcetera. Halloween is still a long time and you can't be sure of anything at my age.

Diego, I'll send you a PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:25 AM   #56

i'm so happy........so many quizes to look forward to.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:57 AM   #57
Beamin' Demon

Quote:
Only number 28 and I'm not 100% sure what it is.
In addition to the previous hint: it's the fourth game in a series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks
...but since I'm busy at 'Edy's (on the Quizfront)' right now I would prefer a delay for the next quiz (your or anybody else's).
Heh heh, I had re-visited SuperEdy's site not too long ago... now, a certain someone has suddenly knocked HandsFree out of the top spot! (Must be an ego thing with that guy! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks
Don't expect too much: it would be an 'ordinary' themed quiz (with a theme I sarcastically announced in one of my previous posts ).
If it's the theme I think you have in mind, would you believe I'd already been brainstorming ideas for it? If I start guessing in advance, you'd probably me, wouldn't you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDalilah View Post
Well I guess announcing my quiz now would be useless. Well I just wanted to say that I almost have all the pics ready, and it could be done in a week, but I'll wait for the quizmasters to publish their quizes first.
It's not necessarily pointless to announce your quiz now, SweetDalilah. We'll still look forward to it, no matter when you decide to post it. Actually, I'm thinking of postponing my next quiz until sometime after May 9th, since I'll probably be out of town this coming weekend.

As long as people continue to make these quizzes, it might be a good idea to resurrect the "New Quiz announced" thread, which is now buried a few pages down. In addition, I also think all of the picture quiz threads, the AG Scene Game, and the trivia games etc. should be spun off into a sub-forum (like they do at other adventure gaming forums). This way, people who live for these kinds of threads won't have to search up and down the main Adventure forum wading through all the opinions, questions, news and rumours. Any thoughts?
Old 05-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #58
Senior *female* member

Quote:
As long as people continue to make these quizzes, it might be a good idea to resurrect the "New Quiz announced" thread, which is now buried a few pages down.
That thread was CLOSED because one of the mods felt it was a superfluous thread.

Quote:
In addition, I also think all of the picture quiz threads, the AG Scene Game, and the trivia games etc. should be spun off into a sub-forum (like they do at other adventure gaming forums). This way, people who live for these kinds of threads won't have to search up and down the main Adventure forum wading through all the opinions, questions, news and rumours. Any thoughts?
Why? I'm definitely not in favor of a subforum. I like the mix of different threads just the way it is. And the quiz threads would attract fewer people.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #59
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
In addition to the previous hint: it's the fourth game in a series.
Why, 28 must be
Spoiler:
Atlantis Evolution
then. One of your favorites (I still remember that muscly foot from the same game ).

Quote:
As long as people continue to make these quizzes, it might be a good idea to resurrect the "New Quiz announced" thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
I'm definitely not in favor of a subforum. I like the mix of different threads just the way it is.
Opinions seconded.

BTW, I've learned more about adventure games from the quizes and competitions around the Internet (PA/FSK, JA+, MM, AG, AP, QH, TT, ...) than by any other mean there is.

Quote:
If it's the theme I think you have in mind, would you believe I'd already been brainstorming ideas for it? If I start guessing in advance, you'd probably me, wouldn't you???
I hope you got it wrong, but even in case you guessed what the theme will be I have enough material to surprise you.
And I won't pan you, but don't tell publicly what a theme might be.

Last edited by zobraks; 05-01-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #60
Beamin' Demon

Well, that's it for the fourth installment of Trees a Crowd! (see updated list above). Good job, zobraks!

I only knew the new quiz thread was buried, but closed, seriously? Oh well. Just thought I'd put out the sub-forum idea too, but yes, there's probably not too much overall demand for one.

My next quiz should be posted sometime during the week of May 9th!