You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Book Of Unwritten Tales 2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Schättenjager

Default The Book Of Unwritten Tales 2

The first game not released english yet unfortunately but good news a sequel is coming for this outstanding ag from German developer King Art.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #2

The screenshot is actually from The Vieh-Chroniken, the upcoming The Book of Unwritten Tales prequel - not sequel. The German release has been delayed for about a year now. Thanks, JoWood.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #3

Bah, English please. Who the heck releases a game in a foreign language in the year 2011.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #4

German is as much foreign as english! Since the germans are the ones who develop and publish these games it's normal that they come out first in german language. What is not normal is the big delay in the development of the english version. Don't bother waiting for Jowood. No miracle will happen. They are dead, so don't expect anything. If another publisher doesn't take care of this matter, to buy the rights for the games which the obsolete Jowood owns, then an english version of these games will never see the light of the day. And since you are not allowed to use any fanmade subtitles to make the game playable for you, all you have to do is learn german. Piece of cake! LOL!

Last edited by tsampikos; 04-14-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:07 AM   #5
Schättenjager

German version released anyone playing?
Btw hope this time won't wait 3 more years for an english release.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:51 AM   #6
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok View Post
Bah, English please. Who the heck releases a game in a foreign language in the year 2011.
That's a very ignorant thing to say! It's also the sort of thing my brother would complain about.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 10-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #7

As we know, Garmany is the biggest adventure games market in the world now. What we also now is that the game, like Book of Unwritten Tales, is made by germans. So it is absolutely normal, that the german version will be published as first. In an article of adventuregamers, about a month ago, it was written that the english version is currently in progress and it could be ready in spring 2012. If that's true, then I think it's enough....
Old 10-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #8

And I thought the english version was released, with the review and all from the site.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 10-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
lost in rubacava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
And I thought the english version was released, with the review and all from the site.
It has been. It's available in the UK now and should be here in the US next week.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:26 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimless View Post
It has been. It's available in the UK now and should be here in the US next week.
The Book of Unwritten Tales 1 has just been released in English, not 2 (The Book of Unwritten Tales: Die Vieh Chroniken) which this thread is about.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:34 AM   #11
lost in rubacava

Oops. You're right, PostGrad. My bad.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #12

And it's not The Book of Unwritten Tales 2! It's more or less an addon you can play without the main game. The Critter Chronicles are much shorter.

Hopefully there will be a "The Book of Unwritten Tales 2" at one time.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #13

Oops, my apologies too JTheysen!

When do you think there'll be an English version of the Critter Chronicles available?
Old 10-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #14

Yes, an english Version is a "must" for the international advenure games scene as soon as possible.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #15

I think it won't take another 2 1/2 years this time! ;-)

If the sales of The Book of Unwritten Tales are good there might be an English version Q2/Q3 2012.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:28 AM   #16

Of course they will be good! It was the mostly expected adventure. Quarter 2-3 of 2012....better late than never....
Old 11-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #17

Wow, I played the Critter Chronicles, or die Vieh Chroniken in German last week, and it was terrific!!

I do hate Nat a bit, he is not very likable, but the whole world with all the Viehs was lovely. This purple loveable Critter is amazing. I love him!

The game was great, not too difficult, not too easy, and nice story. Really looking forward to the real sequel of this series.

It's funny, my German is improving everytime I play one of those great German adventures!