You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #21
fov
Rattenmonster

I was thinking that too. A lot of indie devs are probably feeling the hurt from the downtime, but it especially sucks for those who had a game launch all lined up.

Before PSN went down I did download the free Blue Toad Murders game, but haven't tried it yet. A few days ago I played the demo for Costume Quest (also downloaded before the downtime) and really liked it. I'm going to buy it when the store's back up. The non-battle parts remind me of Psychonauts, but the combat is turn-based, which I like. Turn-based combat feels almost like solving a puzzle to me (especially when it doesn't have time constraints!)

I finished my second playthrough of Heavy Rain and have put it aside for now but do plan to replay from the beginning again and make all the "right" choices in one go, at some point. I'd also like to play the DLC. I read up on that and was sad to learn that plans for additional DLC (besides the one that's already been released) have been scrapped. One case is better than nothing I guess.

Yesterday I started playing Eternal Sonata. Really liking it so far. I wish the combat were a bit more forgiving but it's not too bad. Weird Japanese storyline (I'm a sucker for those!) and great cartoon graphics.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:35 AM   #22

You were lucky to get episode one of blue toad. Me and my roommate checked PSN to see if it was free yet, but whenever we had the chance, it never showed anything but the 1.99$ pricetag.

Thankfully a member of the dev team contacted me and told me that there will be another free game week(s). So we'll just have to buckle down until it arrives.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 05-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
I was thinking that too. A lot of indie devs are probably feeling the hurt from the downtime, but it especially sucks for those who had a game launch all lined up.

Before PSN went down I did download the free Blue Toad Murders game, but haven't tried it yet. A few days ago I played the demo for Costume Quest (also downloaded before the downtime) and really liked it. I'm going to buy it when the store's back up. The non-battle parts remind me of Psychonauts, but the combat is turn-based, which I like. Turn-based combat feels almost like solving a puzzle to me (especially when it doesn't have time constraints!)

I finished my second playthrough of Heavy Rain and have put it aside for now but do plan to replay from the beginning again and make all the "right" choices in one go, at some point. I'd also like to play the DLC. I read up on that and was sad to learn that plans for additional DLC (besides the one that's already been released) have been scrapped. One case is better than nothing I guess.

Yesterday I started playing Eternal Sonata. Really liking it so far. I wish the combat were a bit more forgiving but it's not too bad. Weird Japanese storyline (I'm a sucker for those!) and great cartoon graphics.
The Heavy Rain DLC is worth the $5.

The thing with Costume Quest is that it supposedly gets very repetitive. If you want 5-10 hours of more of the same I guess it's fine.

I hated Eternal Sonata, hated sitting through the cut scenes. Most people seem to disagree though.