Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Is Deponia(english version) Really Coming Out?? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/28877-deponia-english-version-really-coming-out.html)

jhetfield21 04-13-2011 12:09 PM

Is Deponia(english version) Really Coming Out??

I just found out that Deponia is on for preordering on Amazon.co.uk.
Also there is no info about it but i think it might be the english version......anyone that can confirm it?

Wikbi 04-13-2011 12:26 PM

Nope, not being released for a long time yet. Also, I doubt an english release will come before a german one. :'(

The authenticity of the Amazon.co.uk release date was asked on the Daedalic forums and this is a translation of the reply -

"Unfortunately not, Deponia still a long way away from a release date, there is so much work (and time) to go before the game is released. When exactly, we can't say right now." - Claas, 10 Jan 2011.

jhetfield21 04-13-2011 12:52 PM

hmmm how come amazon put out a link for it?for The Next Big Thing they put it on the site only 2-3 days ago.weird...
but i thought deponia was released in germany......i saw some thread post not so long ago and it kinda insinuated it.
is it really still in production?
also is an english version gonna be released?do we know?

tsampikos 04-13-2011 01:42 PM

Deponia is listed in Amazon.Uk since December 2010, i think. Many months definetly. The release date is the same as the release date of "A new beginning" the english version. So I wouldn't think it's impossible for both games to be released at the same date.

Wikbi 04-14-2011 05:11 AM

Umm...maybe my post wasn't as clear as it could have been.

The quote from Claas is an official statement, he works for Daedalic Entertainment.

Deponia is still in production and has a long way to go. It is definitely not coming out in May.

jhetfield21 04-14-2011 05:16 AM

ok......but any word on english version?cause there have been contradictory posts every now and then.

Wikbi 04-14-2011 06:47 AM

That comment was made in reference to the product up on Amazon.co.uk.

I'm sure the plan is to have an English version at some stage, especially since it appeared on the Amazon UK site.

Since the game is quite far off still they haven't set any dates yet though. A german-only language release will probably be first since that's been the case with there other adventures so far.

jhetfield21 04-14-2011 06:54 AM

yeah i'm not doubting that the german version is gonna be first and i know the english version is still far off since the german one is still in production.but there hasn't been a confirmation that there'll be an english version so i was kinda worried cause it seems like a very interesting game.